Yogurt

How do you all feel about yogurt? No, it is not raw or vegan but it has the healthy bacteria and the Greek versions taste really good and its filling and it helps you eat more fruit, as it makes berries, etc taste better. What is the opinion?

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

why not make your own raw vegan yogurt? you can use coconut meat and probiotic capsules.

i don't need any help eating more fruit! and dairy + fruit is not a good combination for digestion anyhow.

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

I prefer raw goat yogurt that i make myself. but i'll eat goat and cow yogurt i buy at the store, it's not raw from the store. i will buy plain and add honey or agave to it. I make sure that it say live/active cultures in it.

I think yogurt/keffirs are great for you. even Kevin Gainni was eating raw goat milk keffir. they add all that healthy bacteria back into your gut and help digestion and absorb nutrients. our whole GI track depends on healthy flora. and yogurt is cheaper than probiotics.

i read a wonderful book by Sandor Katz called Wild Fermintation. takes all about cultured foods. Great book.

I was all raw vegan for quite some time and got down to 88lbs. i started feeling better when i added raw goat and cultured products to my diet. now i went a overboard after that and left raw all together, but im back and keeping the yogurts in my diet.

Hope this helps

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

everyone digestion is different. If you feel you need yogurt eat it.

i was making coconut yogurt but the cost was not worth it. took 7 coconuts to make 1 quart of yogurt and 1 qt of keffir that would be gone in two days. thats $18 give or take.

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

I have to agree with bitt. I prefer making my own "yogurt" from blended almonds, lemon juice, and probiotic capsules with a little scraped vanilla bean. Yum. Kombucha also has a lot of good bacteria as does apple cider vinegar. Raw sauerkraut is good as well. There are vegan options that are not prohibitively expensive.

Bucha Belly