Website Maintenance Complete

Just wanted to let everybody know that Gone Raw will be down for a little bit tonight.

Over the course of this week, we are moving the website from its current host to a brand new computer in California. Our goal is to move to a more modern infrastructure, which should make the site at least five times faster (seriously!) and much more reliable. We also expect to be able to improve our search features greatly, but no promises there. We will do our best.

We expect that the site will be down for 15 minutes, starting at about 9PM PST tonight. If there will be other downtime events during the week, we will do our best to keep you posted here.

Thanks again for all that you do.

Comments

• Forgot to mention: if you notice anything gone haywire afterwards, please do let us know in here as well. Thanks!

• Okay, tonight's the night! We will be moving the website to the new server sometime after 9PM tonight. I will post a message when the move is complete, but be sure to let us know if anything is amiss.

• So... We have moved to the new computer. Seem faster? Any comments or problems so far?

• Thanks Ray

seems good

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

First, I'd like to say thank you for this website; it's awesome.

However, I have an issue that seems to have cropped up recently: I can't seem to be able to do an Advanced Search. When I click on the Advanced Search link, I still just get the one search box--there's no way for me to refine my query. I haven't noticed any other issues with the site so far.

Thanks!

• ambiguous, thanks for letting me know. I'll look into that.

While I'm at it, what are you trying to do the advanced search for? How are you trying to refine your search? We have switched to a new search "system" and so some details may be different, I just want to make sure I get the features that you want back and working. Thanks!

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Hi Ray,

not sure if this is a gonraw problem or one on my computer. but when I am not logged in and just browsing around almost every other try I get this warning or sometimes a longer warning I have checked my timezone and everything is fine. It only seems to happen on goneraw. When I get it I just refresh the page and it goes away but then when i click on something else it does it again. Any ideas?

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /var/www/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 924

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/includes/bootstrap.inc:924) in /var/www/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 930

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/includes/bootstrap.inc:924) in /var/www/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 797

• Wow, yeah, that's awful. I'll look into that. Thanks!

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Hi Ray - I generally want to use the advanced search to perform my search on only recipes or only forum topics. I might be more picky about search than most people, and I actually know more about the Lucene search syntax than I care to, so if there's some better way to search (like "olives type:recipe"--though that syntax doesn't seem to work), then I don't mind using more complex search syntax. Of course, some other people might mind. Thanks again!

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

btw, I am using Google chrome if that helps any

• Sorry, the website is getting a "facelift" for the next few hours and will be QUITE BROKEN. Very sorry. If you are unable to log in, go to goneraw.com/user/login and I will post updates as soon as I can!

• Okay, well it's getting better. I still don't have everything in place, but I have at least fixed the glaring issues. The home page is rather awkward, and there are pieces missing, but we'll get there. This is a great start and I'm happy to see a new look.

Also, regarding the search, we've added lots of features. All searches are "advanced" now. When you do a search, you'll see lots of options along the right side. You can narrow the search by the type of thing you're looking for or by the author. You can also decide how it gets sorted. We'll refine and improve this over time.

We've also added a feature that tries to find "related" items when you're looking at a recipe. We hope you find it useful!