Raw Mentor

Hello Everyone :)

As you may have guessed, I'm planning to go raw! But I know I need someone to keep me on the straight and narrow. I'll be back packing for the next year so we'll have to communicate via email. (And no, I'm not planning to pack a VitaMix or a dehydrator lol.)

If you like, in return for advice and encouragement via email, you can use my story as a case study on your website/blog :) Or maybe I can also help to keep you on the straght and narrow.

I'm 19 yo girl with a BMI of 20.8 (on the low side of 'Normal'). Though I expect to lose a little bit of weight on a raw diet, my main aim is anti aging! (I know, I'm only 19 but I'm very future orientated.)

My current diet is vegetarian. Today I ate:

* Big fruit salad (always my breakfast)

* Tomato soup with like 4 white bread rolls (sinner I know)

* Green tea x 3

* Tap water x 2

* Mini pot of Hagandas Choc Ice cream (ahhh I did it again!)

* Half a vege pizza (and again!)

That is a very typical day for me.

Please let me know if you're interested. Thank you :)

Tara

Comments

• Hey Vegetara!

I would love to help you!!

Let me know what type of support you're looking for, and what you'll need on a daily basis. I am more than happy to do this for you!! And I'd love to add you to my website eventually. :)

Thanks!

Jenny

• Hi Jenny,

That's so nice of you!

I'd like if you could recommend what type of raw I should aim for. I've read about low fat vs high fat raw and I think that because I eat so much fruit usually, I would probably do very well aiming for 10% fats (nuts/seeds), 50% fruit and 40% veggies & salads. Although I suspect that in reality I would lean towards high fruit, like 20% nuts (I love almonds), 60% fruit and 20% salads. From what I've read, green vegetables seem really important though so I will try to eat more.

As a mentor, it would be great if you could help me plan breakfast/lunch/dinner basics to begin with so I have a solid foundation. As I mentioned, while back packing, I may not always have the luxury of a kitchen. It would also be great if you let me email you my food diary and comment on it :)

Luckily, I seem naturally inclined to fruits and veggies. I'm more likely to buy a pack of blueberries than a mars bar :) I feel bad after eating proccessed foods and I know it. I only eat them because it's easy to do so when eating out.

I hate preparing food. I'm just really bad at it :( I much prefer to just eat a whole carrot or cucumber rather than to prepare it first.

Sorry I haven't yet learned how to PM on this forum!

Tara :)

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

your determination is admirable

• Thanks Eecho! :)