Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sea Spaghetti!

Does anyone know where I can buy sea spaghetti in Canada? I live in Ottawa. Thanks!

• you mean kelp noodles?

• No, - according to this they are different than kelp noodles:

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie
    edited July 19

sea spaghetti is Himanthalia Elongata incase anyone is interested.

• what do they taste like. I read on the website that after soaked they are like al dente pasta. If they have a good or neutral taste, they could have a lot of potential. I eat kelp noodles like crazy, but I really only like them with asian flavored sauces.

• They were pretty good. They don't taste like pasta for sure. But, I imagine no sea vegetable does. The flavor is neutral. The texture is slightly chewy but not tough. I'd say tender.

Here's Sirova's take:

Sea spaghetti are no different from other types of seaweed, with a pleasant, fresh taste of the sea. Rinsing will help remove much of the salty flavor, yielding a milder noodle.

Sea spaghetti is delightful in a cashew based tomato-cream sauce with crushed red pepper, or in a fra diavolo-type sauce rich in fresh tomatoes, garlic and parsley. No shrimps needed here! Creamy pesto sauces are also delightful tossed with soft, long stranded sea spaghetti.

• Thank you! I'm going to order some.

if anyone in the UK is interested we have started stocking raw sea spaghetti:)

• Thanks Paul B. But is says they only ship to the US - anyone know anyone that ships to Canada?

edited July 19

we ship to canada sunrise, shipping isnt that expensive if im right.

Hope that helps.