I have been an on/off vegetarian for the last ten years (I am 24) and have always been interested in nutrition, often avoiding refined sugar, trying to eat organic, that sort of thing. I tried being a vegan a few years back but just couldn't manage it.
My family is very different to me. They think nothing of eating really cheap frozen meat meals and things I didn't even want to touch as a kid, so I have no support there. They think I'm a bit paranoid, a bit of a hyperchrondriac!
But I've heard so much great stuff about raw food that I want to give it a go. I'm not sure how much I will be able to eat but I will do as much as possible. These are my questions:
- Will it get rid of past sins I have committed? I mean, if I start eating mostly raw foods, does the damage caused by that burger in '98 hang around, or is it nullified?
- If I just eat fruit and veg won't I get diarrohea all day?
- Is organic herbal tea okay?
- I can't buy everything organic. I just can't find it sold. How necessary is it to eat organic? Is there some foods I should make an extra effort for? I'e found carrots and apples are the easiest veg to get organic. I also grow my own organic sprouts.
- How do I make sure I get enough calories/carbs/protein? I am naturally very thin with low blood pressure (just a bit), so I haven't got much room for restricting my food intake.
- How bad are grains? I eat organic cereal for breakfast and have organic cereal bars. I can't imagine cutting out pasta or rice. What if I have it organic and wholegrain?
- Should I continue taking supplements?
- Anything you wish you knew when you started out?
Many thanks. i did look through the forum, but there's so much information!