dry

I quit using soap, shampoo, and conditioner in February and I'm really quite enjoying it. My skin's a lot less dry and tight feeling but...my scalp! Oh dear my scalp...it's not flaking, which is great...the real treat is that I've tried everything I can think of to help it to retain moisture, and it's STILL really dry!

I have tried ACV rinses in various dilutions, I've tried skipping those altogether. I have tried brushing vigorously, with ACV, iwthout, without vigorous but more massaging, etc, etc, etc. I've tried baking soda, I've tried using baking soda before acv, after acv, skipping the acv altogether, and in different dilutions...oh god, it's just been a pain in my ASS.

I've tried not rinsing at all, and now I'm at the point where I feel that nothing with the occasional baking soda rinse followed by acv rinse with active brushing is the best, but it's not EXCELLENT. I want excellent, since my scalp is still SO bloody dry!

Any suggestions/ideas/comments/ HELP?:)

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

have you tried leaving oil in your hair and then washing it out the same morning/night?? i've done this with coconut oil and jojoba oil. i just smear it all over my hair, wrap it in a towel and wait about 30 minutes and then wash it out. i tried the whole ACV and baking soda on my hair and it just didn't work. i did it for 4 months and my hair was EXTREMELY itchy and dry. i switched back to shampoo because it just looked terrible!