cravings for dense sweet food & tahini

EvaAfricaEvaAfrica Raw Newbie

I have week-long cravings for tahini & rich sweet food like fresh dates. Or cocoa loaded raw sweet food. if I allow myself to satisfy the cravings (not overeating though, I stay on my 56 kg/123.5 pounds) then it's gone for another week, but then the next week it returns. I am 100% raw, have been for 5 months now.

I'll appreciate any comments or suggestions as to why I would crave these heavy sweet foods and advice also welcome

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Addiction. I believe you need to abstain for at least 3 weeks for the addiction to be gone.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i also had this problem with tahini, maple syrup, agave, honey, and cocoa/carob powder. you just have to stop buying them because if they aren't around, you won't be able to get your hands on them.

• EvaAfricaEvaAfrica Raw Newbie

Great advice, I take it! gotta become unaddicted

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

candida?

Mmm, rawmamanibbles..... please elaborate a bit more.... don't see the connection yet

Your comment has been mulling around a lot. Like I've gotta get to grips with the bigness of the fact that I'm addicted to the sweet rich food. I totally agree and see it though.

Practically speaking, I thought I should only stock acid and subacid fruit. Lay off on the sweet fruit, dried fruit and tahini. Focus on one or two green veggie salads per day. For three weeks?

What do you think of the plan?

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Frankly, I don't see a problem with your eating extra dates and tahini every other week, unless it's causing you health issues. Maybe your body needs the calories and/or nutrients in those foods.

Not addicted any longer!

Glad to report that I've spent 2 weeks having my 2 big salads a day (it's really the craving buster people claim it to be!) and I had no tahini, only had dates four days ago for the first time again. And the cravings are gone.

So to anyone who find the same sweet tooth sticking out its head, it's easier to get rid of the addiction (if indeed it is an addiction like mine admittedly was) than you think! only 2 weeks needed.

But thanks Ambiguous, I also feel we should listen to our bodies and nourish it according to its needs. Nothing wrong with a sweet date and rich tahini when called for!

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I'm okay with sweet and rich foods in moderation. I think I would genuinely miss them if they suddenly went missing from my diet. As long as it's not processed sugar or something like that. It took me an age to seperate myself from processed sugars, so I know how breaking addiction feels.