Would you take this supplement?

I'm talking about this:

http://www.therawfoodworld.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=1000777&zenid=ks37rhluc2ppa726kecjkivno5

It is a B-12 supplement that appears on several raw food oriented online stores. It's 'other ingredients' contain: : Fructose, Mannitol, Natural Cherry flavor, Microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silica.

I'm asking because, of course b-12 is much better absorbed sublingually in a lozenge than in the stomach, and otherwise (having methylcobalimin, folic acid, and b-6 as well) it seems like a good supplement. But I don't know if putting fructose and naturaly cherry flavor into my body is a great thing--I don't need vitamins that taste like candy. Am I overreacting about that; would you take this and not think twice about it? I have IBS and am worried I might be low at the moment, so am eager to get something, but it is so hard to find the perfect form.

Comments

• the fructose and cherry are there to prevent it from tasting disgusting.

you can get it in shot form or even a skin patch, although i am not sure how the patch absorbs. those would not have additives.

• I have IBD and lupus and stick with the shot. B12 is something I'd rather have a little too much of than risk too little, and I don't do well with additives, especially if that additive might come from corn **cough** fructose **cough**. I do have a lot of food allergies though. In my opinion, when you have a bowel issue, absorption is something to not take lightly and shot may be absorbed better than sublingual. I know, under the tongue is supposed to be different than through the g.i. but I've always tested and reacted better to shots than trying sublingual treatments including allergen antibodies.

• Thanks for responding. I feel hesitant to go through all of the trouble of seeing a doctor and getting tested, getting shots. Perhaps I will try these and see how I feel afterward-- I haven't seen many better pills, and I haven't taken anything for some time. There is a "raw b12" pill on some sites but that is just cyano-cobalimin, and it includes raw garlic, onion, and asparagus juice, which also gives me a bit of pause. I'm not sure my sensitive skin would react well to the patches, either. But I will do something...