my guts hurt!

susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

I've been eating a ton of figs... like probably 2 gallons in the past 48 hours... and my guts hurt. My stomach and bowel feel so sore and raw. Has this ever happened to anyone? What can I do to make it go away?

Comments

• Why would you eat that many figs in such a short time period? That's a little much, don't you think?

All foods, even raw/healthy foods, are bad for you if not eaten in moderation... To make it go away, STOP eating so many in such a short period LOL... Put some greens in you to help "flush" them out of your digestive system, and drink a lot of water...

• CeidrenCeidren Raw Superstar

A gallon of figs a day isn't really too much... There is a substance in some figs, especially in the skins when not completely ripe, which can cause your mouth to burn as well as give you digestive problems. I've had to back off the figs for awhile some summers as well, because they start to irritate my body. I'm sure if you eat some other fruits for a few days, you will be fine.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I was also going to comment that it might be something in/on the skins and/or they may not be ripe enough. I had a similar problem eating ataulfo mangoes recently. After about 5, my stomach would hurt really badly for a good 10 minutes.

I started washing and scrubbing the skins with water before peeling and haven't had it happen since. I ate 10 mangoes for lunch yesterday so everything's good. :)

Swayze

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Figs can have a laxative effect, especially in large quantities. Something to help absorb them, like an edible clay, may help your discomfort in the short term--if you're not feeling better by now.