Saving a Cashew/Pineapple based dessert

I recently attempted to modify Ani Phyo's Pineapple Ice Box Dessert and my results were NOT good. I now have a pie shaped frozen dessert that's not tasty enough to eat on its own, but I don't want to trash the whole thing so I'm looking for ideas on what I could do to save it!

So here's what I've got right now:

2 c cashews (soaked)

1/4 c agave

1/4 c coconut oil

--these things were blended together till smooth

2 c chopped fresh pineapple

--I folded the chopped pineapple into the smooth cashew cream, poured it into a pie pan, and froze it.

The final result is very bland. It kind of nutty/creamy, but also kind of icy. Overall pretty flavorless. I think the problems are that the pineapple I used wasn't a very good one, and I might not have added enough sweetener to my cashew cream...

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could save this? I'm thinking maybe add another layer to the frozen torte? But what? Any advice would be appreciated - thank you!!

Comments

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

How about a layer of mangoes, strawberries, bananas, coconut and/or any fruit you have kind of layering them in a creative swirl. adding more Island flavor. Pretty and flavorful.

• That would definitely be pretty! Are you thinking like a layer of fresh fruits over the frozen layer?

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Yes Like the tortes you always see in the bakery that are so pretty but off limits. well it would be different they have poison crusts lol.

Maybe let it soften a bit can add fruit right before serving. Or just blend the fruit and add as a second layer.

topped with some macadamia whip cream I have seen one one the site somewhere.

Now I am hungry.