Yogic Melon Detox

AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Has anyone every done the yogic melon detox? It's a 21 days cleanse that involves eating certain types of melon on specific days, and a 3 day water fast. Apparently each type of melon has a cleansing property (liver, colon, kidneys). There is also a 1 week and 2 week version of it. I would obviously get better results after 21 days, but I wanted to try the one week version to see how I feel before embarking myself in the 3 week cleanse. Here is the link that explains the detox:

http://www.shaktakaur.com/lifestyle/fasting/melon_detox_fast.pdf

p.s. I do not agree with the "when you must have something else" section

Comments

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

I have never heard of this but I'd give it a shot! Melon is very cleansing so I'm sure you'd see great results. Funny they tell you salt and popcorn is ok, lol. Seems pretty contradictory to the whole cleanse...I would have a problem with the papaya, its just not appetizing unless I blend it with bananas. And I find when I eat a load of watermelon, my lips and face turn orange! But melon is definetly one of my fav fruits so if you do this cleanse, let me know and I will do it with you :)

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Ha ha! I'm not big on papaya either. I think that's probably going to be the toughest part (maybe the water fast too!). I know, I LOVE melon too! So it's the perfect detox diet (minus the papaya!). I just started this morning, so I'll let you know how things go as the days progress.

Ya, I know, the popcorn thing and the whey powder don't make sense to me either

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

I'm starting to do something similar atm (today was my first day) I've been eating watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew and drinking some detox tea. I'd heard of a 21-day melon detox before so I thought i'd give it a go. Normally I detox for health/energy reasons, but this time- I'm really wanting to drop my holiday pounds.

I may try the papaya thing with lime, but probably not exclusively, they are too pricey and out of season.

No way am I eating popcorn- how on earth is that a detox food??

Wish me luck guys- Ill keep you posted :)

• lynnaklynnak Raw Newbie
    Did anyone make the 21 days?? Im starting tomorrow! I LOVE Papaya, and Im certainly not cheating with any popCORN..or whey powder! But Im going to make and drink my ginger tea EVERYDAY. Its.......MELLON S E A S O N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ClaireT