A big wave and a hello

Hi!! I’m Amy. I’m excited about becoming a raw foodist. For about 3 weeks I’ve been about 80% raw… which is pretty much time to give the people around me a fair amount of warning. I’m a professional dancer and a personal trainer currently moving out of NYC and back to the northwest corner of CT. I’m planning on doing a 10 day juice fast to free my self of NYC pollutants. If anyone has any juice fasting advice for me, that would be great. OR if anyone wants to join me. I’m gathering some intrigued friends with me and going to create a internet way of connecting. Fabulous to meet everyone!

-AmyLynn

Comments

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

hi amylynn!

give us the update of when you might start juice fasting. i’m about ready to kick it up a notch, i’m almost ‘liquitarian’ already:)

nice to meet you

one piece of advice for detox, get a nice skin brush (yerba prima is a good name) and take lots of showers! good luck!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hi AmyLynn,

Welcome! The last time I did a juice fast, I found myself making this watermelon cooler just about every afternoon. Super refreshing and delicious (and a nice way to use up the overgrowth of mint taking over a small backyard space). There is also a bit of information here about getting ready for a fast.

• Hi Amylynn,

I’m at about the same stage as you..three weeks into a detox which has progressed to going raw. All that dancing is sure to get things moving :)

Taizy