Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Food processor suggestions?

veganfoxveganfox Raw Newbie

We're shopping around for a new food processor. Any suggestions?

Comments

• veganfoxveganfox Raw Newbie

Also, I might mention, that the reason we need a new one is because the power shaft of our Kitchenaid food processor is stuck inside one of the blades and it seems that it might be cheaper to get a new (and better) processor than to try to repair this one. Especially since we were having so many problems with it anyway.

ClaireT
  • akinagroakinagro Raw Newbie

I love my Magimix and would never buy another brand of food processor - I am gonna upgrade to the 5200XL soon though.

ClaireTBex
  • ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

I have a Braun Combimax that's been going for 10+ years. For the past few years I think I've used it every single day. It has two containers, and comes with shredding and slicing blades as well as the standard S-blade.

Though if you can afford a Magimix, that would be a great way to go.

ClaireT
  • aletheaaaletheaa Raw Newbie
    edited May 2020

Based on what I've been playing around with in the kitchen these days, I think my next purchase will be a mini food processor. I'm mostly looking to make some sauces (like peanut sauce) and dressings using fruits and vegetables, maybe chopping and pureeing garlic .... essentially, simple little tasks.
    I understand that most of these are not very powerful, but for my purposes such a processor should be fine.

ClaireT
  • miaa1miaa1 Raw Newbie

I love my warning and will never buy another food processor brand - but I'm going to upgrade to the 5200XL soon.

ClaireT
  • BexBex Raw Newbie

For those in the UK Magimix is the best with Cuisinart being a cheaper alternative

TammiTrue
  • miaa1miaa1 Raw Newbie

I didn't try another processor. like migimix Kenwood. 

TammiTrueClaireT
  • hopernhopern Raw Newbie

Well the first and most important thing would be Jar and Bowl Capacity, then it comes blades, It is important to consider the quality and material of blades when buying the food processor plus motor the motor power of 500W – 700W is enough.

ClaireT
  • hopernhopern Raw Newbie
    edited June 8

Prices for food processors vary wildly from $20 for budget mini-chops sold at the supermarket to upwards of $400 for luxury models.

• AlexGomezAlexGomez Raw Newbie

could a regular blender count as a food processor?

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    AlexGomez said:

could a regular blender count as a food processor?

It won't have the exact same result, but it can't hurt to try. 

• ryanh6796ryanh6796 Raw Newbie
    edited September 22

I still like my Cuisiniart Mini-Prep for making hummus. Exactly fits my recipe that uses 1 can of garbanzo beans and everything else. Can't do that with a Chef's knife. Super easy to clean. I love the Ninja for making smoothies, but apparently I don't own it as my son has taken it over. He takes it with him when he goes to his dad's since his dad doesn't have a blender of any kind. ...I miss my stick blender.

However, I don't bother measuring pulses/legumes before cooking as I will freeze small batches in ziplock bags. I tend to cook a whole bag of dried pulses as it works out cheaper to batch cook. ;)

ClaireT
  • helenm3886helenm3886 Raw Newbie
    edited October 8

I like this simple model KitchenAid KFP0722CU. It is compact enough. The set includes 4 most popular nozzles. For kneading dough, whistling proteins and emulsions, grinding.