Raw bars - How long do they last?

powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Hey, well ive got all the ingredients to make some lovely raw food bars to snack on such as chia seeds, nuts, dates, dried raw fruits, some superfood powders such as organic maca root and so on.

But i have two questions does anyone know how long these would last if i was to make up a batch i.e expiration? Id probably end up eating them all before they would go off lol but ive wondered this for a while.

P.S if anyone has any raw food bar recipes feel free to post, i got one off this site ready to try, but ill likely modify it abit.

Cheers

Comments

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

The best thing to do is wrap them in wax paper individually and refrigerate them in a sealed container. I make mine with almonds, dates, and honey.... and they never last long enough because I eat them all too quickly haha. But I supposed you could always pop them into the freezer if you think they are on their way out.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Haha cool i will do that. I guess ill try to be sensible with how big a batch i make, but as you say id prob eat them all before they'd go off date anyway:).