Newbie using raw foods to fight ED

Hi there!

I'm Morgan. I'm 25, new to Gone Raw. I've been struggling with bulimia since I was 15, and I recently decided to fully commit to a healthy lifestyle, once and for all. I'm using Natalia Rose's detox 4 women book right now, and so far so good. :) Eating half a bar of dark chocolate a day definitely eases the transition.

Can't wait to meet and connect with other raw foodists!

Comments

• Hi Morgan, sounds great, I have found this site excellent for recipes to keep food interesting and flicking through blogs has given me a a good insight into 'real' veiws and problems along with solutions about the raw diet/lifestyle. Wishing you all the best with detox! :0)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Hey Morgan, welcome to the forum! My advice is to follow a low fat raw vegan diet (80/10/10), eating as much sweet fruit as you like and getting rid of all the fatty, salty, sugary processed junk foods. That's how many people, myself included, have stopped their disordered eating.

Swayze

• Thanks for the welcome, guys! Swayze, I definitely appreciate your input, but I've tried 80/10/10 in the past, and it just didn't work for me. I felt lousy and developed weird cysts in my mouth that subsided once I cut out the fruit. I'm focusing on staying as balanced as possible with a little fruit, 1-2 avocados per day for fat, and lots of fresh greens and other veggies.

:)

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

welcome to the forums, going vegan and high raw were what helped me with what i believe was an ED.

dont forget an iodine source such as seaweeds also:).

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

sounds like you were eating unripened fruit. i don't think one can eat balanced wtihout fruit. how many calories are you eating?