Anyone know a thing about UTI'S?

I've suffered from UTI's ever since I was 4 and it got so bad one time I had a kidney infection which triggered a high fever which triggered a seizure (My body trying to cool its self). Currently I'm suffering from one right now... and I have been for a month... I can't take any prescription UTI drugs, from the fact I get extreme side effects, from throwing-up to high fevers. I'm going to try a natural method of clearing it using D-Mannose, however I don't know how well that will work. But I was wondering if any of you know what foods are effective in actually treating this (aside from cranberries) and what should be avoided.

Please help, I can't take this anymore. :(

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

D-mannose, juniper berries, Uva Ursi is good but should be taken as far as possible from other herbs as it is high tannin, and is better to be taken with something a little alkaline such as bicarb of soda.

blueberries, cranberries are good for also.

• aimeeaimee Raw Newbie

I know how you are feeling, I've had UTI's and Kidney infections all my life also. I'm 40 now and have finally found a way to control them.

I took antibiotics so much that I have severe reactions to them now, breathing problems and such. So I knew I had to figure something else out. I tried homeopathic meds out and they helped a bit. One thing I found out is my UTI's and supressing anger go together. So I took a homeopathic med called Cantharis. I always thought I was real mellow and harmony seeking, but I'm not. I'm a tad choleric and whenever I supressed the anger I would promptly get a UTI.

Another thing that helps is Uva Ursi tanlets or tea, especially after sex, but also whenever I feel the pain of a UTi.

This is a good book to read on UTI's: The patient's Encyclopedia of Urinary Tract Infectin, Sexual Cystitis and Interstitial Cystitis from Angela Kilmartin.

I got in on Amazon.

I hope I was of help

• Thanks for the input PowerLifer and Aimee.

@ Aimee I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, I'm only 17 but I couldn't imagine struggling with that for 40 years. The Cantharis was to help your mood, correct? I checked out the Uva Ursi and the tea is quite cheap, so I'll probably get some of that and check out the book. Thank you for your input. :)

I did a little more reading online and I heard high doses of vitamin C can actually CURE a UTI. The recommendation is 5000 mg every 2 hours for 6-8 hours and it should be gone. I'm on my 4th hour right now and I don't feel pain what-so-ever!! It makes the urine so acidic that it kills any bad bacteria like e-coli. I've been taking high doses of D-Mannose along with that. As well as munching on some blueberries right now :) My guess as to why all the fruits you've mentioned work well, is because they're high in vitamin C and D-Mannose. But again, that's just a guess. :)

I'll go back to the doctor in a day to get a urine culture. If it's gone, that means it works and no more drugs for me!! That's a really exciting thought!