Raw Teachers Going Off the Diet

So many raw teachers seem to be going off of raw. Now Jinjee has gone off her 100% raw diet. She still believes in it, but has been battling with her cheating once again! Her latest blog post is very interesting at http://www.jinjeetalifero.com

Comments

• Raw PassionRaw Passion Raw Newbie

I have noticed that too, many people turning their backs on the raw food diet or at least 100% but on the other hand Im inclined to agree with them. I know many raw foodist claim to be 100% yet have slipped up and accidentally admitted to eating cooked. An example is a woman who says 100% is the way to go but said in an F.A.Q she eats cooked when its convenient to others. This is a woman who says we shouldnt do such things.

The big 100 is hard for most people and even if it is the natural life path I dont think we are ready to go that far so quickly, maybe if we all started at 50% now in generations to come nobody will think to eat cooked but even now I believe 50% is too much to ask of people, especially as Jinjee says its hard in the cold.

I think what we need to work is eating wholesome food first, getting people off dairy, processed, meats etc. I believe in balance I dont eat all cooked but I dont eat all raw either, the only thing I believe should be raw is dessert.

My reason being for this even Vegan cooked deeserts are usually loaded with sugar and crap Raw is usually a lot kinder and gentler.

• The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

Interesting! And of course Victoria Boutenko has admitted that she has gone off raw, as well. Also, Philip McCluskey has also started eating some non-raw, also.

I am not sure how I feel about this. Do you think this makes people inauthentic?

I think there's a big difference between adding some cooked lentils or steamed vegetables versus adding Doritos and pop to an otherwise raw diet.

Thoughts?

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

There seems to be the consensus among many that its all or nothing even a large portion of your diet raw such as 75% comes with similar if not in my experience the same. I ate 100% for a while and ive been largely raw with cooked meals and noticed no difference.

• I soooo agree with you mate! People are indeed losing their tracks. May they come back to the track which is way beneficial for them. :)

• Thoughts are pretty clear mate. Raw is purely a great way of living a life. It really replenishes a person's life. And the one who are showing other people the way, should't lose their track, as they already have a lot of followers following them and they are their responsibility.

Yes, there is a lot of difference.

• Well, I think you are lucky enough to not observe any differences.