Hi All!

Hello all!

I just started with a 80% raw diet about a month ago. It's an interesting journey, to say the least. I think, like many starting out, I struggle with what to eat: too little protein? too much sugar? take a B12 supplement... *scratch head*

I've read some interesting advice, that makes sense to some extent; however, it is not really realistic or ideal for my lifestyle or location...

I decided today to add more fat and protein to my diet, as I live 45 degrees N., and often exercise outdoors, sometimes in -20 celsius temperatures (two weeks ago I was out in -40 w/ wind chill, and thought I was going to freeze my eyeballs. Seriously.)

Anyway, with that type of exercise, and cutting both fat and protein down significantly, I found I was getting tired and "moody".

So, like many have already written: listen to your body. Makes sense.

Powerlifter-I've enjoyed reading your posts, and find myself nodding when reading.

Actually, I've enjoyed reading all recommendations, thoughts, proclamations, etc...it's all so very valuable when trying to formulate a (personal) raw diet. This is a great forum.

Thanks everyone!

Z.

Comments

• zanzan

sorry...I've spelled your name wrong Powerlifer...oops. :\

• Hey, I'm new on here as well, I'm gonna dig the smoothie maker and blitzer out of the cupboard and go raw!!

• hello hello to everybody. i hope you are having great year. i am looking forward.i am european aworldclassrawdessert chef.i've been working for over 5 years with Simply Natural organic restaurant.they carry my desserts.i did a lot of presentations in our places too,such as Pizza Fusion ,miami food emporium.i always get great reviews.i was working on my business slowly,but right now i am looking to change that i need to bring more income,because my wonderful financial guru husband got very sick this year.we spend over 3 months in hospital on and off and now he is paralized from waistdown.i became his nurse. it's so crazy that such healthy ex-athlete,ex-bodyguard... man would get so sick.and we ate very healthy but right now i am focused and i am in florida it;s 6 a.m i didn't go to sleep yet.i am working on the ways how to make money.he needs stem cell therapy for him to walk again. so i am looking for you guys to order my desserts.don't get me wrong they are really good.if you would be interested please let me know.i could send you a link to my website so you would see what i do.thank you so much please reply i live in usa south florida we could ship and also bigger orders i could deliver.i make gourmet cakes,dehydrated cookies,raw chocolote,energy bars.hey my last creation double chocolate dipped hemp protein super fiber energy bar.thank you again and please respond let me know and also maybe somebody allready tasted my desserts @Simply Natural.please give me your comments