raw zucchini spaghetti

Hi I love making this raw zucchini spaghetti with a raw tomatoe sauce. When I make it it usualyy comes out good, but yesterday i dont know what i did differently. I make my sauce with tomatoes, 1 red bell pepper, oragano and basil thats it! When I added the sauce to the zucchini and mixed it around ,I got like foamy bubbles, I didnt like it at all. Does anyone get this too? What could of caused that foamy bubbles?

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

This used to always happen with me and tomatoes are the culprit. It depends on the tomato your using and how much water they contain. In which case don't add any or much extra water if your doing that already.

It took me a while to get the hang of getting rid of the bubbles when making raw tomato sauces with my vitamix and it largely depends on the type of tomato your using like i say.

• thanks so much, I thought it was the tomatoes, mabey i should just add like 4 small cherry tomatoes and one whole red pepper. Coud it also be the red bell pepper?

I don't think its the bell pepper, as im only high raw i make vegan soups in my vitamix and it always happens with the tomatoes. Infact ive found that adding a bell pepper reduces the frothyness/bubbles alot.

I might try stabbing the tomato with a fork first and draining some of the water to see if that helps it. I have forgot the type of tomatoes which don't cause the bubbles for me or i would have listed.

• Roma tomatoes work really well for me. I don't add water to my sauce at all. If it's really thick I will sparingly add olive oil. Hope that helps. My raw spaghetti and 'meatballs' is one of my favorite comfort foods.

• I used red cocktail tomtoes, what i do is I take out the seeds of the tomatoes and blend it with the red bell pepper, and basil. mabey I should try it with the roma tomatoes, i dont use any fats in the sauce like avocadoes, or even sundried tomatoes. I dont like those. I dont add any water either but it still foamed:/ Is there any other fruit or veggie i can put in the sauce that will make it more thicker?

Hmm you could just add extra bell pepper i find that it is the best for going well with tomato type sauces and thickens it up. Depends if you have access to a blender or are doing this by hand. If you have a blender i suppose you could add any thick vegetable to thicken it up.

TheBajan - Do you have a recipe for these mock meatballs and are they raw? Cheers

• Yes and yes... I'll post it separately. I have never posted one of my recipes before and I'm not quite sure how to do that (I'm still pretty new in this community). I'll let you know when I have.

Cheers,

Hey, you could just copy and paste here or there is a recipe section where you can add it:).

Look forward to it. Cheers

• powerlifer,

I just posted my recipe. Tell me what you think of it. ;)

TheBajan - thanks for posting that up looking forward to trying it, guess now is a better time than ever to purchase a dehydrator. Being relying on my friends kindness with raw dehydrated treats.

• is it possible to make raw mock meatballs without using dehydrater? I dont have one:/

• You can use your oven set at it's lowest temp and leaving the door slightly ajar. You won't need to dehydrate for as long b/c it will be at a higher temp. If your oven temp is 200 and you leave the door slightly open, then your actual air temp should remain below 160. That will dehydrate the meatballs much faster. I've never had to do it that way so I can't give you a time estimate and I can't promise that the internal food temp will remain below 118 but I believe it would. It really depends on how long you leave them in there. I would love to hear how it works out for anyone who tries it this way. I've heard of people having success with their ovens like this but again, I've never had to resort to that so I'm not sure.

Cheers...