Sea weed and radioactivity

HDH74HDH74 Raw Newbie

With the unfortunate events in Japan, I have read that we should all up our sea weed intake to optimise iodine levels so that we minimise uptake of radioactive iodine. My question is though, if the sea is being flooded with radioactivity, won't the seaweed become radioactive? Are we destined to have radioactive sea veg for the next century?

Comments

• Worth thinking about. Ocean currents wander all around the globe, so if they're carrying radioactive material then maybe there is a possibility of some slight contamination. But on the other hand, it might end up so widely dispersed as to be virtually harmless. I dunno really.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

They are certain compounds in seaweeds such as algins which bind to these radioactive elements and render them useless. Same goes for any metals, algins are considered a great chelator of metals.

This is my favorite seaweed product either for restoring iodine, chelating metals, radioactive elements, for the heart/circulatory system and anti-cancer compounds. All of these compounds are extracted for there high quantities. - Brown Seaweed Extract

• CeidrenCeidren Raw Superstar

That's why you should buy Maine Coast sea vegetables, not cheap seaweeds imported from China/Japan. Anyway, yes, up your intake of good quality sea vegetables now. Also, take zeolites. Dr. Gabriel Cousens wrote a good article with recommendations on how to protect us from Nuclear meltdowns, past present and future:

http://www.gabrielcousens.com/DRCOUSENS/DRCOUSENSBLOG/tabid/364/PostID/151/language/en-US/A-COMPREHENSIVE-HOLISTIC-APPROACH-TO-THE-PLAGUE-OF-RADIATION-AND-WHAT-TO-DO.aspx