Bloating after a 7-day detox diet

Hi,

I just finished a 7-day detox diet mostly with green smoothies, green juice, fruit juice and fruits. I was able to achieve a blissful state and total calmness, which I enjoyed so much, but I didn't lose a single pound and feel bloated even though I'm not constipated. Has anyone experienced this? I've been eating high row for almost 2 years, but this is the first time I tried a 7-day detox diet. Could it be due to too much fiber or something else?

Thank you.

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

probably too much fruit! have you need checked for candida?

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Bloating is a common symptom of low stomach acid, you could try a little raw apple cider vinegar mid meal or some bitter herbs on the back of the tongue.

• bigg and Amla,

Thank you for the suggestions. I don't think I have candida issues so I suspect it can be low stomach acid although I don't normally have bloating problems. It only happened when I did the 7-day detox diet and I'm much better today. I will check to see if I have low stomach acid problems.

Thanks again.

Christine

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Some actually find raw foods harder to digest than cooked foods and often the culprit is low stomach acid so yeah good idea to check.

Bloating, gas, heartburn type feeling, burping are the common symptoms of low stomach acid.