Hard exercise at night, please advise.

Hello-- I just joined this forum, so I'll give my introduction. My name's Steven, I'm 22. I started eating raw almost two months ago now. I've had some setbacks, but overall is has proved to be the best decision I've ever made. My question(s) is (are) for a raw oldie, anyone with experience and possibly some reference, or just proper explanation.

My current plan goes like this:

Wake up at 7:00 AM and have a fresh fruit juice. 20 minutes later, after shower, have a fresh juice prepared with greens. Both juices are about one glass full.

To work, I take one smoothie made with bananas and greens. More greens than bananas, and I sometimes add alo vera, or I'll use a different fruit, like a Korean pear. The smoothie is always made dark green. Is it okay to put Chia seeds in this smoothie? Do I need chia seeds at all?

I also take to work a whole cucumber, and around 4 tomatoes, or something else, maybe a piece of fruit as well. I don't like how nuts sit in my stomach, and I'm in South Korea where it's hard to get raw nuts anyway, so I don't eat any nuts. At work, I wait until 12:00 PM to drink my smoothie. Should I drink it first, or eat the tomatoes and cucumber first? Should I drink the smoothie at 12:00, then wait until 2:00 to eat the other stuff? Should I just skip the other stuff and have the smoothie?

By the time 4:30 comes around, I'm hungry, and here is where my real situation I'd like advice on arrives. I train Jiu Jitsu from 7:30 to 9:45 four times a week. It's extremely labor intensive and literally puts every muscle in my body under strain for the whole time I am exercising. It takes an hour to get from work to home, and an hour from home to Jiu Jitsu. Where should I place a meal? Should I eat at 5:30, right when I get back from work? What should I eat before this exercise? How long before starting? 2 hours?

After JJ, I am hungry AGAIN! REALLY HUNGRY. It takes an hour to get home, so by that time it's already 10:45. I have to sleep by 12:30 (at least this is what I have been doing). How can I manage this hunger after JJ when I have to sleep so soon? What does my body need most after a serious workout? I have read that your body works off of stores rather than immediate sustenance as you build up your health through raw foods, so will my body be okay just going to sleep with water and nothing else?

Any advice is appreciated, but please leave out suggestions for supplements, vitamins, powders, or any other extracted substances, as I don't have the money for them. Thanks so much!

BTW, what I have been eating at night has varied. I haven't found a solution to the problem that I need to sleep soon, so I usually end up feasting on some tomatoes or bananas. AHHH, confusion. I am very new to raw. Thanks again.

Comments

• Pame'laVik'toriaPame'laVik'toria Raw Newbie

If I'm out and about between meals, I have nuts and seeds dates and figs with me. I find now I just eat when I'm hungry. On cooked, I always timed my meals every2.5 hours because of hypoglycemia. Now on raw, I have no sugar problems.

• Pame'laVik'toriaPame'laVik'toria Raw Newbie

If I'm out and about between meals, I have nuts and seeds dates and figs with me. I find now I just eat when I'm hungry. On cooked, I always timed my meals every 2.5 hours because of hypoglycemia. Now on raw, I have no sugar problems.