Fasting, Raw, Weight Loss

I have discovered many benefits of going raw, but I would lie if I didn’t say that my main motivation for it was to lose weight. However, I want to lose weight because I want my health to be optimal so it works out. Anyway… So the first couple of weeks were GREAT! Lost 16 lbs right off the bat! I still feel okay, but I feel kind of dull. I need some motivation. So I’ve been thinking that a fast might be just the ticket. However, there are ZILLIONS of fasts out there! I would love to know what you fellow raw foodies have found successful in getting back on track and getting rid of sluggish feelings. Also, if you became raw for weight loss reasons, do you have any tips or did you find anything more particularily helpful than another? Any help/advice is definitely appreciated!

peace

-Tess

Comments

• When my family and I started eating raw….it was not really for weight loss reasons. However, for myself, I thought that was a really nice plus! However, unlike you, I did not lose weight when I started. But I can relate to the dull feeling you are describing.

So, after about 3 months of eating raw, I did “The Master Cleanser” by Stanley Burroughs It really made a difference. What is really important about this cleanse is how you come off of it. I found an awesome raw vegetable soup to eat when I was ending my cleanse. I believe the person I got it from is a member of this site. You will need this recipe if you do this cleanse. The recipe is from “The Complete Book of Raw Food” by Lori Baird. I will enter the recipe here on this site under Vegetable Soup for the Master Cleanse.

The other thing I have just recently found is Frederic Patenaude’s site….

www.fredericpatenaude.com

He has a book called “The Raw Secrets” and one called “21 Best Detox Diets”. In these books he talks about why people do not succeed eating raw and what it is they need to be doing to be successful. Like how most of us start out wanting to see certain results eating raw, and that we don’t because we are eating large amounts of raw fats. Don’t get me wrong. There are fats out there that are good for us. It is just that when most of us start eating raw we tend to overeat these good fats. Weightloss and Energy are some of the subjects he talks about.

Anyway, I am wanting to take a look into these books. Have not had the chance to do it yet.

Angela Stokes at www.rawreform.com also offers her e-book called “How to go Raw for Weight-Loss”

Hope this helped.