Losing Weight

I have been 50 to 100% raw for approx. 3 months now. I want to lose approx. 20 lbs and usually, any attempts on my part to lose weight are very easy and I lose weight quickly. However since going raw I'm not losing any weight.

I want to know if anyone knows of any resources that may help me track my calories on a raw diet or will give me sample daily raw menus and quantities. I diet best when I have a set plan or menu of what to eat each day. I just want to knock out this 20 lbs and then I won't need to worry about calorie counting as weight gain is normally not an issue for me, the only time I have gained unwanted weight has been after child birth.

I am not sure what might be sabotaging my diet right now because normally a vegan diet would have me dropping lbs like crazy, however I have never gone raw before now and apparently something is not quite right. I drink lots of green juice and do at least 2 green smoothies a day. I am also vegan.

Please help as I'm not used to carrying any additional weight and if I can't get rid of it on the raw diet I'm going back to eating meat and cooked foods, which I don't want to do. I don't want to lose my raw glow :-). I eat salads, raw vegan smoothies, green juices, and very small amounts of whole grains a few times a weeks. I also take flax seed oil, fish oil capsules (not stopping either) and some olive oil on my salads, vegan yogurt, raw nuts and l do eat lots of bananas and avocados as they are the only things that feel me up, I'm a tall woman that works out a lot and I need something of substance to keep me going.

Comments

• I meant fill me up not feel me up :-)

• I find there are a lot of nuts in raw food. I tried - and failed miserably - to go raw using a "3 day raw challenge" I found online but the recipes were so nut heavy my tummy couldn't handle the fat content; I'm not used to fatty foods. I'm not saying it is the nuts per se but it could be a contributing factor.

I'm struggling with a similar issue so I feel you. It feels as though I could eat nothing but lettuce and walk 4 miles every day and still gain. Please don't do that, I promise I won't.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

I recommend reading 80/10/10. I agree with Sydney, if you're eating a lot of nuts then that will not be conducive to your goals. It would be better to eat a lot of cooked carbs. Make sure that the cooked foods you're eating are cooked carbs and not fats. For example, pasta, rice, corn, beans, etc. That way, you won't feel compelled to eat fatty raw foods all the time.

• Originz DeletedOriginz Deleted Raw Newbie
    edited December 2023

Achieving weight loss involves a holistic approach that combines a balanced diet and regular exercise. Incorporating apple cider vinegar into your routine can offer additional benefits. Here's a brief guide:

Balanced Diet: Emphasize whole foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains.
    Monitor portion sizes and practice mindful eating.
    Stay hydrated with water and incorporate fiber-rich foods for satiety.

Regular Exercise: Include a mix of aerobic exercises and strength training in your routine.
    Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week.
    Stay consistent and gradually increase intensity for optimal results.

Remember, individual responses vary, and it's crucial to consult with healthcare professionals or nutritionists to tailor a plan that suits your specific needs and health status.

• JeamseJeamse Raw Newbie
    edited March 14

I suggest delving into the book "80/10/10". I concur with Sydney's viewpoint; if you consume excessive nuts, it may not align with your objectives. Opting for a diet rich in cooked carbohydrates would be more beneficial. Ensure that the cooked foods you consume primarily consist of carbohydrates and not fats. For instance, include pasta, rice, corn, beans, among others. This approach will help you avoid feeling the urge to consume fatty raw foods consistently.

ClaireT