Second start

Just wanted to say hello and thank you all for keeping up such a positive, informative site! I finally joined and will be trying for 100% raw once more. I was able to stay raw for about 3 1/2 weeks 2 months ago but just ended up losing track again with breads and rice. I was on a strict vegan diet prior to trying raw for the first time so didn’t think the transition would be too difficult but I found slight detox symptoms and a lot of hunger at the very beginning, which slowly disappeared.

Some of the recipes I tried on here to help my sweet tooth were really amazing! I couldn’t believe how pure everything tasted, and most important how clear I felt when raw for those few weeks. Cutting out Soy/Tofu and just all bottled/boxed milks and drinks was such a great feeling. Also cutting out the vegan baked goods was really lightening on my mind and body. I was just really starting to feel the effects that I’ve read so much about on this site.

Anyways, I am trying once more, hoping to regain that sense of pure oneness and clarity again. I just finished my last slice of Ezekiel bread (I bought one loaf in case of cravings aa little over a week ago…) and it will be the last. I’m planning to get a dehydrator soon and so excited to get a new blender after losing my last! The blender and juicing really helped me when I tried going all raw earlier.

Quick question about Nature’s Path Manna bread is raw? I read about it in the Pure Food & Wine cookbook and they weren’t sure. If not, I will wait until I can get a dehydrator to try some crackers and flat breads.

Keep up all the positive discussion:)

*B

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I have heard that Manna bread is NOT truly raw…however, many people use it in the transition to raw because it is “baked” at a significantly lower temperature than regular sprouted breads.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Hey bclark, congratulations on going for raw once again! Good luck to you, I hope you have a great time doing this :c)

Unfortunately, Manna bread isn’t raw, I heard many people asked the company directly and the answer was no. They bake the bread at a higher temperature and therefore it’s cooked. Sorry, I know, it’s great, but… No cigar! Obviously it is still better than regular yeasted, flour bread is. If you need bread to transition, it is a better choice.

Wish you all the best!