how to keep fat down but still get some protein and enough calories?

I've just been fiddling with fitday.com, trying to work out a basic daily plan. I want to loose weight on raw, but still eat a little fat.

I am finding it difficult to get enough calories and enough protein without making the fat percentage skyrocket. I would like to stay at or below 20% calories from fat, And I would like to have a minimum of 10% calories from protein. I've tried adding in sprouted legumes, but I'd have to eat A LOT to improve the protein ratios and I'm worried about the effect that amount would have on my digestion. Any tips?

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Fruit can help you get enough calories and increase your protein in turn.

I like to include some raw seaweed also, nori for example is low in fat and contains around 1g of protein per sheet.

• Pame'laVik'toriaPame'laVik'toria Raw Newbie

I eat 4 sevings of fruit in the morning, veggies, seaweed and avocado for lunch, and green veggie juice at 3pm supper. I also have a small bowl of nuts and seeds that I eat at breaky and lunch. I don't think you need to worry about too much fat if you keep it to a small bowl size.

• I've had the same experience - and today I ate more fruit and fewer fats, but the fruit made my carbs sky rocket. Should I be worried about carbs when it comes to weight loss?

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

maxie7, why do you think you need 20% fat and 10% protein?

rldavi7, weight gain is about one thing and one thing only: calories in vs. calories out. As long as you eat less than you need, you'll lose weight.

I've found that a high fruit, low fat diet is by far the easiest way to accomplish this. You can eat slightly less than you need while still feeling satiated and having tons of energy.

Hope that helps,

Swayze

www.fitonraw.com

• You want protein? Then definitely start your day with a green smoothie. Greens is where cows get their protein to make steak so we can too, we just don't make steak!

This is not that far fetched concept. I was talking to a friend of mine who raises rabbits and he told me that he feed his rabbits grass ---for protein! Now he did not get the connection that he should be feeding (in my humble opinions) his kids on green smoothies instead of meat. If the grass is good for the rabbits to get their protein, greens are good for us for our protein needs and green smoothies are very little fat if any.