Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Obligatory welcome post

Hello all! Today was day 2 in my transition to a raw food lifestyle. I've read "Raw Food Detox" and was/am fascinated by the idea of completely cleaning my body out and reaching optimum health. I'm 27 years old, but am 50-60 pounds overweight, am plagued by constant heartburn, extreme fatigue (I drink several cups of coffee plus 1-2 energy drinks every day just to stay awake at work), have aching joints, patchy skin, grey hair. . . in other words, I'm living in a body way too old and worn down.

I do want to lose weight - absolutely no doubt about it, as it's either lose weight or start wearing a sheet w/ a hole in it to work - but more than anything I want to feel better, healthier.

I am in a transition right now, so am not 100% raw, but look forward to reaching that goal.

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Welcome!

• I'm new too. I hope you stick with it. Go healthy and the weight will fall off

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Welcome to the forum:).

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

Hello and welcome,lots of good info on here for you.

• Pame'laVik'toriaPame'laVik'toria Raw Newbie

I've been there. I had chronic fatigue for 1.5 years. It's a nasty hole to be in. I dug myself out, and the raw diet was a major step. Your on the right road. But all that coffee needs to be neutralized with alkalinity. Alkalinity comes from raw plants. So if you keep that much acid in your life, you may see very little improvement.

RawLiferJanace
  • Hello to all of you :)

• Claire TurnipClaire Turnip Raw Newbie

Hi, Gasha! How are you?

• RawLiferRawLifer Raw Jr. Leader

Welcome to the forum!!  I, too, was 40 lbs overweight with many other medical issues because of the standard american diet I was on.  I went raw almost 4 years ago because it was my last resort.  I lost all that weight and gained my health back in a matter of months.  It is amazing what the body will do when its well nourished!!  Keep up the good choices and feel free to ask anything that concerns you.  There are many poeple on here with different backgrounds, ages and experiences to help with advice and/or support.  smile

Janace
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Welcome to the forum!!  I, too, was 40 lbs overweight with many other medical issues because of the standard american diet I was on.  I went raw almost 4 years ago because it was my last resort.  I lost all that weight and gained my health back in a matter of months.  It is amazing what the body will do when its well nourished!!  Keep up the good choices and feel free to ask anything that concerns you.  There are many poeple on here with different backgrounds, ages and experiences to help with advice and/or support.  smile

That's amazing. Can you remember how many months it took to lose the weight?

• RawLiferRawLifer Raw Jr. Leader

It probably took about 4 wks to start seeing a real difference in my weight.  I swear I weighed myself everyday!  lol!  What I did notice first was how I was feeling.  I had more energy, I was sleeping thru the night without taking sleeping pills, and my pain was lessened.  I probably lost about 20 lbs in 4 to 5 months.  I noticed that after a year, I had lost a total of 45 lbs, but my body leveled out to a normal weight for my body, 5 lbs heavier.  That was eating 90-100% raw.  I also was doing Pilates the first 6 mths, then incorporated walking/jogging, then bike riding. I'm not so consisent with all that now.  I try to do squats and pushups semi-daily with the occasional Pilates workout and some walking.  

It's all possible and attainable with alittle dedication and patience with yourself.  :-) 

ClaireT

That sounds like a healthy pace to lose at :)  You must have felt so much better for it. 

• JanaceJanace Raw Jr. Superstar

I started with a vegitarian diet than transitioned to vegan then raw. Baby steps help make it managible. I have been raw for about a year and a half. I eat 100% raw about 98% of the time. My goal was not weight loss but rather getying my cholesterol under control. I did lose about 5 pounds and am at my ideal weight. My cholestrol has come down and I feel great. Slow and steady will make this life change sustainable. I try to workout every day (mostly elliptical and walking) and get 10,000 steps in. I have a group of friends with fitbits and we always have some kind of challenge going on to motivate us. I hope your journey is amazing. To your health! smile

ClaireT

I started with a vegetarian diet too, Janace. I completely agree that a slow transition makes everyhing go so much more smoothly, and makes it more likely to stick. 

Janace
  • stephanbstephanb Raw Newbie

I also just started with a diet, am very happy that I decided to. Had some failed attempts before that, but now I hope I will make it for good.

Janace

Hi, Stephan. Congrats on starting a new diet. smile How is it going so far?