Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

2 MONTHS VEGAN AND SOOO BLOATED!!!!! HELP!

malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie

This is soo frustrating!!!! I became vegan On Jan 1st 2012,after been vegetarian for a yr, then back to meat and now vegan. I have done 4 coffee enemas in a period of 2 months and im sooo gassy is not even funny!!!! They stink like i ate a big chunk of pork!

Not sure if maybe im allergic to peanut butter(i eat a lot of this every day) or lentils.

is frustrating bc i want to feel light and im disgusted with myself. I been juicing veggies on and off and working out 4 to 5 days a week.

my daily food intake is:

oatmeal with flax seed and 2 toast with organic p.butter & jelly

salad

2 to 3 glasses of carrot and veggies juice

cook lentils with quinoa, avocado and salad

some fruits in the mid day

and for dinner oats again.

fir my cravings i do spoons of p.butter and 2 days a week organic popcorn with unrefine coconut oil or organic chips and homemade organic salsa.

What the heck am i doing wrong????

any advise???

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

My guess is that you maybe have ibs or perhaps candida. i have done a lot of research about candida recently and you can't eat that many grains, fruit or peanut butter on it. carrot juice is also too much sugar. you also could be sensitive to wheat from the toast.

overall you could try less grains, instead of whole beans, tofu which is easier to digest. try no oats, grain like quinoa. only pure green juice, no carrot or fruit n your juice.

try to do a food diary to keep track of symptoms.

do the Candida questionnaire on wholeapproach.com website. it's a good site.

good luck!

• Are you really eating the *same thing* each and every day?

Everybody's body is different. If you made a lot of changes very suddenly in how you were eating, it could be difficult to pinpoint what's really going on. But that would be a place to start: What are you eating now that you weren't before?

Candida is a very real possibility if you made all kinds of changes very suddenly: you may have thrown off the bacterial balance. Do you have other Candida symptoms? There are so many conflicting opinions on how to get rid of Candida, though. Some will say to not eat fruit; others say fruit is fine and to eat low fat. If you look up _candida "raw food"_, you'll probably find a lot of links about the 80/10/10 diet: 80% of calories from carbs (mainly fruits), max 10% from protein, max 10% fat. More than one testimonial says they were able to get rid of the Candida symptoms very quickly.

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

"my daily food intake is:

oatmeal with flax seed and 2 toast with organic p.butter & jelly"

It's the oatmeal. I ate it with a green smoothy and I became a methane factory. Removed the oats and gas was gone.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

"oatmeal with flax seed and 2 toast with organic p.butter & jelly

salad

2 to 3 glasses of carrot and veggies juice

cook lentils with quinoa, avocado and salad

some fruits in the mid day

and for dinner oats again.

fir my cravings i do spoons of p.butter and 2 days a week organic popcorn with unrefine coconut oil or organic chips and homemade organic salsa."

Wow, this is so close to what I ate when I was cooked vegan that it's eerie! I also had really smelly gas all the time, too. Once I went low fat raw vegan and gave up the grains, legumes, and spoonfuls of peanut butter, no more gas. :)

Swayze

www.fitonraw.com

• Pame'laVik'toriaPame'laVik'toria Raw Newbie

You eat WAY more fat then I do. I would be bloated too. I only have 10 nuts or 1/2 an avocado a day.

• Claire TurnipClaire Turnip Raw Newbie

Any change in diet can lead to an increase in bloating for a while until the body adjusts to the new routine. Sometimes the solution is as simple as just waiting it out.

I hope you have made it through the worst of it!

• Hello, I have a few ideas what could be causing your problem. Firstly, could it be your protein consumption? You mentioned you are currently eating lots of peanut butter and lentils. That's a lot of protein and protein is hard to digest and I'd say it's #1 reason of bloating. You could try lowering your protein consumption or try not to eat carbohydrates after eating proteins, because carbohydrates then wait in line for proteins to be digested and in meantime they go bad.

Secondly, while fiber is generally considered healthy, too much of it can cause bloating, too. You mentioned you are eating two oats twice daily. This could very well be your problem. Oats are a protein source, too, so they could add to the protein problem as well.

I would also like to suggest using activated charcoal or other, similar substances with sponge-like effects on the colon. They do wonders for bloating without any side effects.

Please keep us updated, it would be interesting to know what worked for you.

• FruityFruity Raw Newbie

Hi there, hope everything has settled down and you are feeling better. I was very gassy on cooked vegetarian. As a teenager. I ate tons of organic sprouted bread and oats. Dried fruits also gave me horrible smelly painful gas. As of today, I'm trying fully raw, just fruits and veggies. So far so good. I know grains, beans, nuts, seeds, and legumes including peanuts have enzyme inhibitors and need to be sprouted or fermented to digest properly. Most of us can't be bothered with soaking, sprouting and fermenting things and so we get gas. It's probably easier just to eliminate them and do more avocado and raw coconut oil or Coconut mana. Coconut oil is supposed to kill Candida. Raw apple cider vinegar and lemon juice in water every morning should also kill the Candida. Not sure how long it will take though. I'm just starting raw myself. Actually, I have had luck making my own saukraut which is full of healthy bacteria that fight the Candida. 

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I don't mind sprouting in mason jars with cheesecloth. It's probably the simplest method and not that much of a hassle. I never thought about it, but maybe that's why I haven't had too much gas?