Kidney Stones

Hi raw family!

In a recent sonogram, a kidney stone was found. In the past, I ate alot of raw nuts..EVERYDAY. I have since limited my consumption to about 1.5 ozs 2-3 xs/week. I also do a green smoothie made w/ spinach

daily, a large dark green salad daily and I looooove my raw chocolate often! As you can see, I consume lots of oxalate rich foods which obviously caused the kidney stone formation. Has this happened to anyone else because of their healthy greens consumption? How can we prevent this? What's a good limit on the amount of oxalate

rich foods we should consume?

Comments

• awww no one commented :( I need your help fam!

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I can't say for sure but I have been told that tons of watermelon and sitting in a warm bath will help you pass them. My daughter gets something that causes her jaw to hurt she drinks lots of Lemon water and it dissoves and removes it.

I have always been told that stones are calcium deposits, calcium deficiant, that build up because the body is trying to hang on to calcium that it is not getting enough of, kind of like water retention when dehydrated. But you seem to get plenty of that from your greens. My only other thought woud be are you eating enough of a variety of greens I have heard to not stick with just one or two, so maybe you are getting too much of a good thing and just need variety.

other than that I have no help for you. it was sad seeing your lonely post so just wanted to say what little I have heard. let me know if you find the answer.

• Hi Blue Eyes! long time no talk to! It's good to hear from you! I read that many people...and MANY... found success with lemon juice and olive oil to pass them. They don't hurt me I thank God. I read the same thing about rotation! I will try tis! I think you're right! Thanks 4 stopping by! ;-)

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

It has been awhile hasn't it. I stop in to find receipes now and then but hardly ever post anything. I miss all the discussions tho. Nice to see your still around!!!

The only experience I have had is my dr. was worried about my blood tests being high on a few things and thought I might have gallstones, I did a couple of liver flushes with the epson salt water and grapefruit/olive oil and everything went back to normal. He didn't find anything wrong with the sono so I am assuming that either there were never any there or the flush did indeed work.

• I've read that very high consumption of greens in smoothies and in general can contribute to kidney stones (I believe this is what it said). I personally have no idea if it's true, but it might be something you might want to research further.