Can anyone teach me how to dehydrate?

So, is there a low budget way to start dehydrating? I know I don't want to cook anything but can I enlist he help of my oven to dehydrate? I've wanted to start dehydrating for a while but I always think of those infomercial machines on TV in the 90's, I don't really want to buy another kitchen appliance. Also, what fruits and veggies are great to dehydrate?

Comments

• I have no advice on using the oven to dehydrate but in regards to good veggies to dehydrate, I love making zucchini chips, kale chips, and eggplant "bacon" in my dehydrator. Tomatoes also dehydrate well and if you look around the recipes section you should be able to find recipes for fruit leathers.

• Claire TurnipClaire Turnip Raw Newbie

Hi Getting Raw :)

Ovens aren't perfect for the purpose, but they can be used with varying levels of success. If your's has a setting for below 200 degrees, then slice up a few fruits and veg, place them flat on a tray, turn the oven on low, prop the door open a little and leave a fan on nearby to keep the air circulating. It should take about 2 hours to start seeing results.