Vegetarian on my way to raw/vegan

Hello, I'm new to this forum, but not new to raw/vegan ideas. In fact, several years ago, when I became a vegetarian, I decided that my goal was (and it still is) a diet that consists of about 50% cooked vegan foods and 50% raw. I would also like my ultimate diet to match foods correctly, as I've heard for example eating fats with carbohydrates together may not be healthiest. I plan to use Ayurvedic and science based information when planning everything.

At the moment I am a pesco vegetarian, meaning I do not eat meat with the exception of seafoods. I have little to no consumption of milk and eggs, but I plan to eliminate them altogether. I have decided to take it slow with changes in diet, especially because of my concern with omega 3 fatty acids intake. Research shows that these fatty acids are very important to health and they are primarily found in seafoods. Omega 3 can be found in flax and hemp seeds as well, but there is the drawback of the absorption rates.

So all in all, even though my reasons for choosing the vegan path are animal rights and environmental issues, I have decided to take it slow and research every step I take. I'm hoping to help others cope with difficulties that I had myself and learn from the experience of others here.

Comments

• Claire TurnipClaire Turnip Raw Newbie

Hi Kris,

That sounds like an excellent and sensible way to approach it.

Welcome to the forum!

Kindness,

Claire

• Why have you became vegetarian?