Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

FAQs re: Points, Leaderboard and Ranks!

The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

You may have recently noticed some changes here at the community forum related to your account!

To add some fun and recognition to standout members of this community, we have implemented a points and tracking system to the community.

Generally, the more points you have, the more you have participated in the community! And, over time, as you earn more points, you will earn badges.

How to earn points: You earn points on the fly when another member "likes," (1 point) "LOLs" (1 point) or "Promotes" (3 points) your post. But the main way to earn points is by earning badges. (For example, for every 10 posts you make you get 100 points. Click here to view the badges and how to earn them.)

FAQ: Badge points are only awarded when you earn the badge. So you won't get any of your 100 points for making 10 posts until you've made your 10th post and you've earned your badge!

FAQ: "Asking a question" and "creating a post" are treated exactly the same when it comes to the number of posts you have made. For example, to get your 10 Posts badge, you could ask 10 questions, or comment on 10 posts, or write 5 posts and 5 questions, and so on.

FAQ: All of this stuff happens automatically - no need to sign up or turn point tracking on.  If you haven't logged into the community in a long time, your points won't get calculated until you log in again.

Related links:

ClaireTRomeyAngie72yumim

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I am loving the new setup! 

Romey
  • LolaQuizLolaQuiz Raw Newbie

Seems neat! I love games :)

Romeyadmin
  • JanaceJanace Raw Jr. Superstar

Love it! smile

The RawtarianRomey
  • toddhtoddh Raw Newbie

It's nice to get the recognition.

The RawtarianClaireTJanace
  • BibiBibi Raw Jr. Leader

Hello!  I am having trouble posting reviews and photos from The Rawtarian Recipes App, and this happened soon after I was rewarded my 1 Newbie Badge.  Before that, all my reviews/comments and photos posted and now I write a review but keep getting a popup saying "unable to create".  Is there a limit on how many reviews a free member can post or just an app glitch?  I am posting this question on The Rawtarian website to see if it goes through and because I do not see a "help/support" for technical support anywhere.  I would appreciate anyone's assistance with this as soon as possible.  Thank you!

ClaireT
  • The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

Hi Bibi! 

I know you and I chatted about this over email, but I wanted to leave a note here in case anyone else is reading this.:)

We were having technical difficulties, but everything should be back to normal now!

Thanks for reporting - as always, it helps me to know when something isn't working right. That way we can fix it!

xox

ClaireT
  • BibiBibi Raw Jr. Leader

Hi Laura-Jane!  Yes, we spoke about this via email and the issue was resolved right away. I wanted to send you an update confirming this, except we had a major storm passing through my area (immediately after replying to your email)  and a few hours of no electricity, phone, or internet.  Also, I posted this question in the forum before emailing you.  I didn't know what else to do as I mostly use the app as opposed to the website.  And I should note here as well that not only was the issue fixed but in a very timely fashion, and I thank you for that again!  

• archerrichard24archerrichard24 Raw Newbie

Hi, 

Thanks for sharing such a nice information with us. 

• alexispalexisp Raw Jr. Leader

Hey! 

Do the more badges and points lead to more access to see things on the site? I notice I can now all the sudden see the dates of when people posted. I also noticed that sometimes I can see peoples dates on posts and other times I can’t. I have tried to click on others profiles and sometimes it doesn’t let me click to see more of their posts. I am not sure if this is a glitch or if now because I earned more points I can see the dates of posts. 

thanks so much! This website is awesome btw. 

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I think the badges just show our level of participation. Some of the older posts seem to be missing dates. It might be from when the sites merged.