Energy soup

Hi … I wanted to ask if anyone has ever prepared enery soup (Ann Wigmore’s recipe) the evening before and then taken it to work for lunch the next day? I wasn’t sure how it would hold up. I’ve only tried it once, and that was on a weekend when I was home and could eat it right after making it.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Carolyn :)

Comments

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Hey dream. Of course the sooner after blending your energy soup that you drink it the more “alive” it is, but from what I understand it is okay to drink for up to 48 hours. I have heard that some people freeze their energy soup to take with them when they travel.

Something that I do if I am going to store fresh juice or energy soup is to fill a mason jar very full to the top, almost over the brim. Then, place a lid over the top. If you have filled it full enough, some of the liquid will spill over the top. Then place the ring on. If there is no space between the lid and the drink it should be air tight, thus minimizing oxidation.

I hope this helps

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

By the way, before I started using the technique I described for storing beverages I always noticed a bitterness in my juice or energy soup if I didn’t drink it right away. I didn’t even want to drink it with the change in flavor. However, when I use the technique, the flavor remains pretty close to the same as when I first made it. Logically, this says to me that the nutritional value has not been totally compromised.

• Great, thanks so much, RCB! I always prefer to make something and eat it right away, and just wasn’t sure how well it would work for the soup to not do that. (It already takes a bit to get used to the flavor anyway … lol …)

Thanks again! I’ll give it a shot this evening!