Almonds

KikiKiki Raw Newbie

Hi - just LOVE your site.  Thank you for all the information and fabulous support.

My question is re. using whole almonds.  Is it possible to use almond flour instead of all the almonds?

Best Answers

• JanaceJanace Raw Jr. Superstar
    Answer ✓

Although almond flour is just ground almonds the yield will not be the same. You might also find that the consistency of the recipe is stickier.

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    Answer ✓

Hi Kiki. Welcome to the site! 

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master
    Answer ✓

It's awesome, isn't it? I'm so glad that I found this place. 

Answers

• KikiKiki Raw Newbie

Thank you Janace - that is good information to know.

• KikiKiki Raw Newbie

Thanks Claire - this is the best site for raw and i'm so grateful.  Great adventure!!  Fabulous support!

TammiTrue

We're happy to have you here. Did you try using the almond flour?

• KikiKiki Raw Newbie

Hi Claire - i'm just finishing a 30-day water fast for health reasons and am on day 17 today!  I have stocked my kitchen completely raw and really look forward to starting grinding and mixing and dehydrating (I can tell you i'm getting ready to eat again :)  

I purchased a blender base that is similar to strengh and speed of a Vitamix - the base (~$50) holds a replacement Vitamix caraffe (~$120) so now I have a high powered mixer of the same caliber as the Vitamix for a fraction of the cost!  I'm really learning a lot and can't wait to get going!! I have done some pretty extensive studying of all the recipes and preperation while on this fast.

That blender sounds like a find! I bet it will get plenty of use when your fast is over. smile