Raw Vegan Cheesecake help

amsingamsing Raw Newbie

Hi, I am a home baker that sells at farmers markets.  I take special orders and one I just received was for a raw vegan cheesecake.  I told him I was unable to make this under my license but when he explained that there was no cream cheese in it I asked him to bring me his recipe so I could see it.  He needs some substitutions on top of it all and this is not my expertise so I thought I would ask here.  His main concern seems to be in the sugar.  I see this site is nut free and I apologize that there are nuts in this base.  The recipe is 1 cup macadamia nuts, 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup pitted dates, and 1/4 cup shredded coconut.  He wants to take the dates out and substitute them with (he suggested sugar free jello) something.  I looked at other fruit alternatives but all have too much sugar for him.  I wondered about trying flax?  It has to be binding somehow.  I could maybe use a small amount of dried fruit but it would have to very minimal and just for taste.  

Also for the filling it calls for coconut nectar, 3/4 of a cup.  That is also too high in sugar.  He suggested Stevia but I dislike the taste so wondered if you you guys used any alternatives that is not artificial. Thanks so much for any help you may have on the sugar/fruit issue especially if any of you have ever made a raw vegan sugar free gluten free cheesecake!  This still utilizes fresh fruit for the top which he is okay with so I think he is trying to cut the rest out or down significantly!

TammiTrue

Answers

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I'm not an expert chef by any means, so this may be a completely insane idea, but have you considered miracle fruit (Synsepalum dulcificum)? Even a tiny bit of it affects the taste buds and makes everything taste sweet, even when the foods aren't. I'm not sure how it would work in a recipe. I've only ever played around with it as a novelty. 

amsing