High blood pressure

Shelley anneShelley anne Raw Newbie

Hi 

I am on the borderline of obesity, and my blood pressure is very high. I have heard that raw juice fasting and eating raw foods can lower someone's blood pressure. So I have been trying desperately to consume more raw foods and juices. But cravings come upon me big time, cravings for McDonald's, and other fried foods,and chocolate. Chocolate cravings are huge and sometimes I cave in. And I'm embarrassed to say I would scoff down around 250 gram block of it.

Has anyone else been through this? Or has anyone heard about the blood pressure going down?

Comments

• Cynthia V.Cynthia V. Raw Jr. Leader

Dr Joel Fuhrman (author of Eat to Live and numerous other books) talks a lot about toxic food food addiction and cravings. He also cites numeorus (in the thousands ) of cases where blood pressure, triglycerides, and cholesterol were all brought down to incredibly low numbers by following his program.  HIs program can easily be followed by a Rawtarian and he does encourage people to eat raw.  Check out his books at www.drfuhrman.com

• Shelley anneShelley anne Raw Newbie

Oh thanks Cynthia V, shall pop on over and investigate his website. I am super interested in learning all I can. With kindness to you.

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

From personal experience, I know that my blood pressure goes down right along with my weight. I don't doubt that eating raw and healthier (fewer unhealthy fats, sodium, etc) will help reduce it as well. 

As for breaking the bad foods habit, all I can say is practice, practice, practice and don't give up just because you cave. If you keep eating healthy, eventually McDonalds will seem less appealing. It just takes time for your body (and cravings) to adjust to the change.  

I felt encouraged by your words Claire T. And not so alone in this. So thank you, thank you, thank you! Bless you.

ClaireT

You're welcome and you're definitely not alone here. smile

• Cynthia V.Cynthia V. Raw Jr. Leader
    For me, pizza has been my stumbling block.  But when I had a piece a while ago it was unbearably salty.  This is a sign that my taste buds have gotten more sensative and now sweets and salties are just gross...    When that happens and you try to eat something you once loved and it is disgusting, then you will be well on your way.
    TammiTrue

So there is hope Cynthia. I do not have to keep these taste buds. I will remember your words when this time comes upon me.

" The training of the taste buds"

It can be done. smile

It just takes some patience, but it is well worth it in the end. 

Thanks Claire

ClaireT