Carob?

pigwigpigwig Raw Newbie
I've run out of cacao powder my delivery won't come until Thursday :'( now I know they don't taste anything alike but I have carob powder that I picked up a month ago and haven't opened yet (due to a bit of a fear of reliving the awful taste from 1988 when I was brought a carob "chocolate" bar) I have the unroasted carob and I know there are varieties of carob so hopefully I have a better one. Does anyone have any tips on using it to break me in slowly bit worried I might ruin a recipe using it. Was thinking I might try in in some seed energy balls?

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Maybe make a recipe with a layer of carob, or "carob chips" - something that doesn't have you combining the carob with the entire recipe. That way only part will be carob while the rest will remain untainted by the flavor. Hopefully you'll grow to love it. I like carob, but it will never replace chocolate in my heart. 

TammiTrue
  • pigwigpigwig Raw Newbie
    Oh good idea! I'm going to try it in a raw tart Base that way I can always eat the filing if I don't like the Base :)
    TammiTrue