Dashboard Dehydrator

Hi I just wanted to let everyone know that when I was on my recent road trip I dehydrated nuts on the dashboard! Not that you can’t eat nuts without this but I was curious what would happen. I had the air conditioning on but the dash still got pretty hot. If I had a thermometer that would have been better.I soaked almonds and pumpkin seeds. One batch in water and sea salt and another in namu shoyu. They got really dry and great. You’ll have to try it some time! I also grew sprouts on the dashboard. I would let them get a few hours of sun and then put them in the back seat. I used a black piece of material covering them at first to get them started. I just used a strawberry holding box- the plastic kind lined with fabric. Use a rubber band to keep the box together.

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

LOL! Wow, that’s awesome! Now there’s NO excuse when traveling!

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That cracks me up! What a great idea! Where there’s a will, there’s a way! We just went to the beach and for the first time, took along a cooler of our fresh veggies, fruits and a blender…would have never known how NICE it was to have a blender along! Now I know how to prepare things for the trip to and from the hotel ;)

• raw_earthraw_earth Raw Newbie

Awesome! Someone needs to start a guide for the portable raw foodist! :)