Gross question, do not read if you're sensetive

Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Ok, my husband has been trying to eat raw lately, and is transitioning slowly. He has a problem with ‘cheating’ and temptations, but mostly is doing well. I try very hard to only congratulate him and not say anything when he tells me about all those cookies he had at work (childcare center…). Now he’s having some strange and gross symptoms and I was hoping if someone knows if they’re normal or alarming… He said he’s been passing a lot of mucus in his BM’s. Like, pure mucus, nothing else. He was very scared to find that and I couldn’t find any information on whether that’s normal or not. Does anyone know? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Morning_theft, yr question is not as gross as you think. When I first went raw I passeed a lot of mucus, thru my digestive tract meaning bms and from my nose and mouth. The stuff from my bms I think was mucoid plaque and from my nose and mouth I think it was just part of the cleansing process. He should be encouraged, I was kinda freaked out at the beginning but as soon as I found out it was detox symptoms and that my body was cleansing, and how great I felt after the first couple of weeks (energy surge, happiness, sense of lightness and bliss) well it was worth it. So tell yr hubby to hang tight and be encouraged. Look up detox and mucoid plaque on some raw forums. Blessings :) Dea xoxo

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Hi morning_theft,

I’m with dea. Totally normal and a good sign I think. Same thing happened to me. My guess is he will start feeling even better soon. Good luck with the process.

• you are married? at 20 yrs old?? how long have you been married? was it arranged or something?

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

magdi, Actually, I turned 21 3 days ago. I’ve been married for over 2 years and NO IT WASN’T ARRANGED hehe… We just had to either get married or give up because we’re from different countries (makes immigration a little bit easier… though not a lot) Thanks everyone, your answers are very encouraging, I’ll tell him that, it will cheer him up!

• Morning_theft, I was married at 18, and 16 years later, I’m still happily married! Tell your husband good luck with his transition to raw!!!!

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Me too… married at 19, still married to the same guy 18 years later. It’s hard work sometimes, but totally worth it!

Morning_theft, I’ve had the mucous thing, too. It is pretty strange when our bodies start throwing out all the junk, but overall it’s a good thing. I’m sure your husband would rather have all that gunk OUT of him than in! :o)

Jen