I miss pop tarts!

I miss pop tarts so very much…I hate to admit it’s one of my biggest cheat foods. So tonight, ladies and gents, I’m going to try really hard to make a raw version of pop tarts. I have no idea how it’s going to turn out, but what the heck…trial and error, right? And when I get something similar, I will most certainly share it with you! And if you have any tips or suggestions, I’m always open to them!!!

Peace

-Tessa

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

There is a pop tart recipe in the recipe section of this site, if you are at a loss. Let us know how it goes!

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Tessa,

There is a raw pop tart recipe on this site under desserts you could check out.

I made my own raw jam the other day by blending a bunch of raspberries and a few dates together adding water until the consistency was spreadable. Then I dehydrated the mix until it was afruit role up consistency. Then blended it once more adding asmidge of water. Take what you get and add sweetener if desired. Spread on whatever ‘pop tart’ base you choose!

• Well, so far so good…I took a taste as it’s dehydrating in the oven (don’t have a dehydrator yet).... I checked out the pop tart recipe here on the site and it’s nothing like what I did so I’ll let you know what I did so far…and of course I’ll let you know how it turns out when all is said and done!

1 c. soaked cashews a good handful of shredded coconut 1 tablespoon of raw honey 1/4 c. almond milk Blended until paste like. I spread this over my pan til very thin

I left about 1/3 c. of the mixture in the blender and added to it 1 T. honey and about 1 c. strawberries (strawberry poptarts are my favorite!). Mixed it up and left a few chunks in the blender. Spread it on top of the base and then stuck it in the warm oven. Propped open the door and turned the fan on it (it’s my ghetto-style dehydrator until I can afford a real on – I should take a picture!). I took a taste and omg…amazing! there is a slight resemblance to poptarts of them. I like the idea of adding some flax seed to them, so next time I might try that. The oven is warm enough to allow for a slight smell in the apartment and they smell like pop tarts heating up in a toaster. Mmmmm!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Here is a link to the recipe – I’d love to hear how they turn out!
    http://goneraw.com/recipes/638-RAW-POP-TARTS