Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

almond milk

How long would you think I should keep almond milk around? Since it doesn’t come with an expiration date I am kind of leary of keeping it too long. :)

~Toni

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

3 days. After that I had the experience of tatsting soured almond milk. Doesnt that sound delish?? ;)

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I usually drink mine in 2-3 days. I haven’t tried to drink almond milk after that.

• You can also freeze the rest in ice cube trays and store the cubes in a baggie, then add them to smoothies for more of an ice-cream texture. I often freeze some when I know I can’t drink it all!

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

2-3 days, that is what I was thinking. So I am glad that I dumped the stuff that I had from 4 days ago.

Rosie, I love the idea of freezing some.

Vaughn, call it fermented and maybe you won’t feel so icky about drinking it;)

• After 3 days, it separates and it starts to smell funky. You won’t have to wonder if you should drink it or not. The smell will let you know.

• Newby gone raw, just into my third day and lovin’ it! I am wondering what do you do with all that yummy almond mash after making almond milk? Any suggestions??

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

island tribe: check out this forum thread for some ideas!

• just wondering how long you can keep almond milk at room temperature out of the fridge , or if yuo can.. also how do you guys sweeten your almond milk? has anyone made different drinks out of it?

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

I keep mine in the fridge, so no clue on how long it is ok out of it. I use raw honey to sweeten in just a little. I like to add it to my smoothies but haven’t really tried it in anything else.