almond milk

edited December 2010 in Food Preparation

How long would you think I should keep almond milk around? Since it doesn’t come with an expiration date I am kind of leary of keeping it too long. :)

~Toni

Comments

• 3 days. After that I had the experience of tatsting soured almond milk. Doesnt that sound delish?? ;)

• I usually drink mine in 2-3 days. I haven’t tried to drink almond milk after that.

• You can also freeze the rest in ice cube trays and store the cubes in a baggie, then add them to smoothies for more of an ice-cream texture. I often freeze some when I know I can’t drink it all!

• 2-3 days, that is what I was thinking. So I am glad that I dumped the stuff that I had from 4 days ago.

Rosie, I love the idea of freezing some.

Vaughn, call it fermented and maybe you won’t feel so icky about drinking it;)

• After 3 days, it separates and it starts to smell funky. You won’t have to wonder if you should drink it or not. The smell will let you know.

• Newby gone raw, just into my third day and lovin’ it! I am wondering what do you do with all that yummy almond mash after making almond milk? Any suggestions??

• island tribe: check out this forum thread for some ideas!

• just wondering how long you can keep almond milk at room temperature out of the fridge , or if yuo can.. also how do you guys sweeten your almond milk? has anyone made different drinks out of it?

• I keep mine in the fridge, so no clue on how long it is ok out of it. I use raw honey to sweeten in just a little. I like to add it to my smoothies but haven’t really tried it in anything else.