Two 4 One Recipes

Hi Has anyone else made a 2 for 1 recipe?

Yesterday I made a new tuno recipe and then I also made crackers out of the batter and they turned out great! They’re even good together! It made me think I need to do this everytime, particularily every time I juice (to use up the pulp)!

Thanks!

Comments

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I make wheat sprouts to throw over my fruit in the morning, then take the extra sprouts and add veggies, oil, vinegar and salt and pepper for an afternoon salad.

• Hi Rawmama!

How big are your wheat sprouts when you eat them? Just a couple days or more like a week old?

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

hey, what a great idea for a new recipe category write and raw! what a time saver it would be for us. it would be especially useful to those new to raw food as it would help them establish a new mindset. I think that is sometimes the hardest for those transitioning to raw. they are so used to cooking and what that entails, and they are greatly intimidated by the world of uncooking. let’s see if we can either get that as a formal category, or just have titles that would indicate it is a two for one. great great idea guys!

• Hi again. Thanks rcb! I just made some mock chicken salad today and it was really good. I put the basic recipe in the dehydrator to see if they turn into chick-n-biskit type crackers. I added a cup or so of carrot pulp to the recipe and upped the spices. I’ll let you know how they turn out!

Hi writeeternity :) I soak my spring wheatberries overnight, then rinse and put in a sprouter for about 24 hours. It will have a white tail less than the length of the wheatberry itself. I like it when the white tail is just starting to show too, So I eat them anywhere between 12-24 hours after the soaking period. FYI, when I make it into the salad, I also sometimes add a tad of vinegar…the sprouts stop growing quickly in size then, just slow down greatly, so the salad can last for a few days in the fridge. Good idea on the mock chicken salad! I’ll try that…

1. Make the peach crumble (from goneraw.com)...delicious! http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/1368-Peach-Crumble

2. Take the left over crumble topping, add honey, form into cookies and dehydrate :)

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Some of my two-for-one recipes:

- after nut milk, use the pulp to make a variety of yummy desserts

-use pulp and add dried fruit and coconut for cereal

-left over toona…add some shoyu/tamari (or other seasonings and a little water, oil, or vinegar) to make a dip for veggies

- left over dip for veggies…add a little water and use it as a light dressing for salads

O.K….now for my 3 IN ONE:

This week I made the zucaroni and cheez recipe that W.E. posted (recipe #1), then used some of the left over cheez sauce and soaked some almonds in it, then dehydrated for 24 hours to make cheezy almonds (recipe #2), finally I took the remaining sauce and dehydrated it to make cheez crackers (recipe #3)...She shoots, and she SCORES!!!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

go spirited mama! high five! k well, i made salsa from left over tomatoe stacks, left over salsa into flax cracker recipe for mexican crackers. used left over spicey thai peanut sause in power balls thrown into dehydrator. then ive used left over finished dishes to create whole new ethnic dishes by adjusting spice: see my persian khorest recipe….. its to fun!!!! yes, yes, im a cooking geek big time!

• Hi You guys are so cute! I’d love to try to make that lentil flat bread found in indian restaurants- speaking of ethnic stuff. I forgot there had been another 2 for 1 topic like this- sorry if you’re repeating yourself! When I was in the Southwest we got some piki bread that is blue corn made on a rock and dried in the sun- super thin like filo dough – that would be cool to try to make! That is also a typical example of what happens when people start cooking stuff- the Native American Indians started getting niacin deficiencies when they stopped making the bread the traditional way!

P.s. The chick-n-biskits turned out great! Pic posted on dancing chicken salad recipe.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

When I have left over salad dressing or soup that I don’t plan on eating, maybe it’s on day three and I’m ready for something new, or I simply made too much…I mix it with ground flax seeds, maybe some ground sunflower seeds, too…and make crackers out of it (dehydrating it).

And, you can also add some chopped vegetables and blend it, then add the flax meal and ground seeds, dehydrate it, etc…you get the point…use left over liquids (dressings, soups, smoothies) to make super flavor filled crackers and breads. Cheers!

Chef Kristen Suzanne

• Here is another 2 for 1 I saw here. http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/1349-Raw-Pesto

=)