Stomach trouble emergency (in the lightest sense)

So. I had chips and salsa last weekend while watching a soccer game. A few days afterards I felt fine, but my stomach feels really messed up today. Lots of gas. I dont know if its the chips and salsa detoxing, or if its the orange juice.

I stopped using apples this week for my smoothies and i started using orange juice. My sinuses have been acting up and my stomach. Embarrased, my gas smells like orange juice though :/

Here is the lite emergency. I am visiting my girlfriend in Portland on Saturday. I dont want to feel this way when Im up there! Im dropping the orange juice and using apple juice the rest of the week to see how I feel(all freshly made).

Is there any type of foods that are a natural stomach feel better? Thanks!

Comments

• Are you drinking bottled OJ or are you juicing it yourself?

• Juicing it myself. I juice everything :) All organic.

• Try juicing some ginger and make lemonade with it! ginger is great for reducing gas. Also any kind of chai spices they are carminative (good for the tummy)! I feel your pain..good luck!

• Pineapple….This is more information on pineapple than you probably wanted. But I tried one day and it helped. I learned about the benefits of pineapple reading one of Victoria Boutenko’s books. I cannot remember which one it was though.

Information on pineapple from Nature’s Remedies.

The pineapple is the best known tropical fruit. In addition to its sweet, heady aroma, it has a special property that distinguishes it from all other fruits: it contains an enzyme called bromelain, which can break down the protein in foods. (normally this can be done only by gastric juices and digestive enzymes in the body) Bromelain enables pineapples to promote the digestive process, because only protein compounds that have been broken down into smaller components can be absorbed by the intestine and enter the blood stream. Pineapples also contain valuable vitamins and minerals. In folk medicine the fruit or juice is also used to induce perspiration and reduce fever.

FOR DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS…. Besides helping to break down the proteins in food, the enzyme bromelain found in pineapple, aids in destroying the harmful bacteria in the stomach and intestine. Because it can increase a poor appetite resulting from insufficient gastric juices, frsh pineapple juice is often prescribed as a tonic and body building drink for convalescents and for cancer patients undergoing treatment.

Take care

Like all acids, the fruit acids in pineapple can have an aggressive, corrosive effect on certain substances. In the body, the gums and tooth enamel are at particular risk, and eating too much pineapple may contribute to gingivitis and cavities. After eating pineapple products, rinse your mouth with water and brush your teeth as soon as possible.

• I agree with ambikalee and simplyraw. Ginger always helps my tummy when I’ve upset it. Mine hurts when I drink too many oranges, or they’re low quality, or bottled OJ.

mmmm… apples, lemon and ginger with a little cayenne is my favorite and always helps when I’m having digestive issues. I’m going to make some now yum yum

• Thank you! I am going to try both suggestions today!