pie crust non-nut version

hi everyone, I have started going to these vegan salad parties. Basically a potluck that is raw vegan. As well we are encouraged to bring something that is allergenic friendly; no nuts except peanuts and no sesame seeds. Is there such thing as a pie crust made of seeds (sesame seeds perhaps)? If so does anyone know of a recipe? It would be really great to be able to bring a pie that those with allergies can enjoy.

Comments

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

I didn’t understand from what you said, are sesame seeds ok or not? :c) I believe humananimal has a pie recipe using only fruit. Also, are sunflower seeds ok? Those usually work very nicely. Pumpkin seeds might have a bit too harsh of a flavour. Flax can also be used, milled and mixed maybe with some coconut oil and a sweetener, maybe dates? Oh and coconut meat can be used too! Or are coconuts considered nuts?

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Peanuts are some of the most allergenic nuts of all. They’re actually legumes. Why are they allowed? Signs are posted on the doors of many restaurants, including fast food, that say “peanuts used here” to warn those with severe allergies.

• sesame seeds are fine to use. I’m not sure why but peanuts are fine as the one person with many allergies is not allergic to peanuts.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Ok, so only tree nuts. Makes sense then. Well flax or sunflower seeds should work great.