Is this normal, am I really this toxic?

SpunkSpunk Raw Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm really new to this life changing experiences, but I had a few friends aid me in a detox. To make this short, I'm day 7 and have a rash around my manhood, under my arms, red marks on my face and zits (I never have skin issues like this.) the size of dimes. I've read the after the first few day's things like head ache, breakout's etc. will often happen, but this rash is just strange and all over. I switched to baby soap, so nothing too harsh, but not sure what to do about this. I also noticed my psoriasis (I only get it on my palms of hand's and bottom of feet) came back after no sign of it in 2 year's.

So, I started this as a detox, as I wanted to feel better and eat better. I started with the master cleanse for 3 day's. I then took 3,6,9 oil, maca gold, organic protein powder, every man capsules 3 times a day, husk, senna tea, salt water flush and juiced in my omega doing a 1 to 4 ratio fruit/greens. I went to water to go, bought 30 gallons of water staged 12 times and went to town. I dropped 13 pounds in the 7 day's, the detox felt over and I have so much energy, better smell, taste and mood, so I'm going to keep on trucking. 

The issue of course is the rash. Is this normal, will it go away or just keep spreading? Again, I'm really new to this, I jumped in head first and don't regret it, but I'll be on here doing my homework to further my cross over. If anyone could lend some words or advice, I'd really appreciate it. I know everyone is different, but I treated my body like hell of years... I'm 31, toured, smoked a pack a day easy, binge drank, tons of red meats, fried, sugars you name it. I'm was a poster child of bad health, so I figure this is all the toxic garbage pushing out and maybe my GI track is all out of wack, so I'm dealing with all this now?

fyi, I did get all my labs done by my doctor before I started to detox. I have a slight elevation on my liver enzyme and need to take 2,000 of vitamin D, but that's it.

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• danahdanah Raw Newbie

Spunk, Congratulations on taking charge of your health and not allowing the detox issues to deter you! I'm not a medical professional but I will tell you things I have found in my quest for better health.

First I will point out I've eaten whole-food plant-based (WFPB) no animal products, since mid 2013. I'm only about 10% raw. Not because I don't think it's healthy, but because it's difficult for me with a forced WFPB teen (health reasons), a sometimes vegetarian sometimes carnivore teen & and a junk food/carnivore "I like to sabotage the kids' eating habits" husband.

I've heard that it's best to cleanse your liver (your body's detoxifier) prior to doing a serious detox.  This allows your liver to function better once your body starts kicking all those poisons out. Gerson.org used to have instructions on their therapy (really serious detox to cure diseases like cancer) including coffee enemas to detox the liver.  I was on the site recently and did not see that section. I think you must buy their book(s) now to get the info.  

BUT there are plenty of youtube videos that explain coffee enemas and I believe Gerson also has a youtube channel. One important take-away is that you must lie on a particular side, I believe it is your right side but don't quote me.  One thing I saw on the Gerson site but never saw in any of the youtube videos is that the coffee must be organic.  Makes sense but I never thought about it until I saw it on the Gerson site. I have never done a serious detox (only 7 days of smoothies once) and I have never done a coffee enema but plan to.  I have never liked drugs, so since about the age of 15 I have refused over the counter and prescription medications for the most part. But it wasn't until 2013 that I began delving into food as medicine; hence, whatever detox my body's done since changing my eating habits have not been "bad".  I only noticed weight loss/stabilization.

I would encourage you if you haven't already, to check out sites/people like nutritionfacts.org; Dr. McDougall; chrisbeatcancer.com; oneingredientchef.com; pcrm.org; engine2diet.com; thetruthaboutcancer.com; Happyherbivore.com; on youtube: Charlotte Gerson; the vegan corner; mary's test kitchen; Chef AJ; Danny Vierra; John Berman (a holistic chiropractor) and a million others.  These are a mix of food and medical issue sites, but in reality food IS medicine. And in my humble opinion, except for that emergency surgery or broken bone you may have, food outshines conventional medicine by light years.

Due to the years of abuse you stated you put your body through, I think it would be a good idea for you to watch (on youtube) "why did steve jobs die" by john mcdougall; "40 year vegan dies of a heart attack! Why? The omega 3 and B12 myth with Dr. Michael Gregor" by Michael Lanfield; and  this series:  The Truth About Cancer-A Global Quest. This youtuber, Salahudin Ibn Jafar  has put up ALL of the episodes including the Q&A videos. I just tried to find them and although I am subscribed and went directly to his channel, I was unable.  If you wish to view & can't find them, email me at veganfiedatgmail.com. I may be able to get them to you.  TheTruthAboutCancer.com offers them to view for free but only during certain times that are not posted, instead, they notify you by email.

Here's some youtube/netflicks movies you may find interesting: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead; Dying to Have Known; Hungry for Change; Forks Over Knives; The Gerson Miracle; Super Size Me.

Not wishing cancer or any other ill health on you, I just know that knowledge is power.  This knowledge may help you to stay on track with healthful eating as well as staying away from harmful chemicals that people commonly use in their everyday activities, like housecleaning.  You may even be able to pass on this knowledge and help someone else.

I hope I have given you some info that assists.

Dana

PS I only check my email about 1x/week, so be patient if you do email me. Also, if  you email and it's been a while, email again in case your message got buried.

Spunk
  • SpunkSpunk Raw Newbie
    Thanks for taking the time to share. I have read some of the literature you mention. I also have watched a few of the documentaries. I'll do a little more research and follow up with a friendly email. Spunk-