Cheat meals

newbie1newbie1 Raw Newbie

I’ve just started doing 811 rv.  This is my 5th day of doing it 100%.  It’s going well but I have a question about cheat meals.  I’m almost 60 and have done many different diets/regimens over the past 30 to 40 years – not to lose weight but to get healthy because I have chronic fatigue syndrome and a really congested lymph system.  Since I’ve eaten strict for many years I would like to know that I can cheat once a week when I’m in a restaurant with my friends and have an omelette with goat’s cheese and a salad and a glass of wine.  But here is my concern.  Before I read Dr. Grahams’ 80/10/10 Diet I made the mistake of juicing fruit for 7 weeks but I did not cut my fat enough and at the end of the 7 weeks I got a very bad urinary infection.  So I read Dr. Graham’s book and realized I should be eating whole fruit and that I needed to cut my fat much more.  I’ve now done that but am worried that if I have a cheat meal once a week that because of the fat I will automatically get another urinary tract infection or some other illness.  I know Dr. Graham suggests no added fat the day after but is that enough or will I get sick after a cheat meal?  Would really appreciate any feeback.  Thx.

Best Answer

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master
    Answer ✓

I think that it might be too much of a shock to your system to have an entire cheat meal. What about a salad and then a cheat side dish? It would help to reduce the fat levels. Are you sure that is what caused the urinary track infection? We all need some fat. I used to get UTIs frequently until I found out that it was from farm (the cattle across the street, to be exact) contaminants in our well water. Yeck! 

Answers

• newbie1newbie1 Raw Newbie

Thanks Tammi - That's what I'll do.

June

• Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

My cheat meals usually involve hummus and roasted red peppers. Some things are harder to give up than they should be.