Weight loss: Am I doing it right?

angiehangieh Raw Newbie

Hey all! I'm brand new to raw veganism :) 

About me: 

32 year old mother of three from Canada's sunny Vancover Island. 95% High carb Fully raw as of Easter 2016 :) My goal is to lose weight (30lbs) and get my energy back. It's been less than two weeks and I feels AMAZING! 

Averaging 1200-1600 calories a day with yoga and eliptical workout daily. (Plus chasing kids and doing chores). 400-900 calorie Juice breakfast, mono fruit meal for lunch, HUGE rainbow salad for supper with fruit. Snacks are raw deluxe nut mix and dates. Just started my alfalfa this morning! 

Vices: One coffee with cream and sugar in the morning, non-vegan salad dressing (no time to make my own just yet) and the rare taste test of my family's supper whilst I'm cooking it.

So judging by my daily routine, am I doing it right? How long should it take at this rate? It's been near two weeks and I haven't lost a single pound. ..  I know, I am impatient lol

Comments

• angiehangieh Raw Newbie

Fixed

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

You're doing pretty good. smile

Do your current meals and beverages weigh more than your old ones? Even if they are less calories and not adding any fat, they will still show up on the scale as weight while the food is sitting in your stomach. I know waiting for those first few lost pounds to show up on the scale can feel like an eternity sometimes. 

Hmm yes I think that they would weigh more... I always weigh in the morning. Feels like forever!

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

It's only been a couple of weeks. cool Have you been measuring your waist? Sometimes it's a more accurate indicator.

• Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

Just keep burning those calories and eating a rawking diet. You'll get there!

I was just reading that Annie's Goddess Dressing is raw vegan. I'm not sure of how it can be with soy sauce as an ingredient, but it is vegan. 

They should be in your corner of the globe soon smile http://www.annieshomegrown.ca/

angieh
    ClaireT said:

It's only been a couple of weeks. cool Have you been measuring your waist? Sometimes it's a more accurate indicator.

Ooh that's a good thought! I'll try that, I am actually down 2lbs now

Harmony1 said:

Just keep burning those calories and eating a rawking diet. You'll get there!

I was just reading that Annie's Goddess Dressing is raw vegan. I'm not sure of how it can be with soy sauce as an ingredient, but it is vegan. 

They should be in your corner of the globe soon smile http://www.annieshomegrown.ca/

Awesomeness :) I'll check it out, thanks!

Harmony1
  • HealingMalorieHealingMalorie Raw Intermediate

Try eating more :) If you try losing weight through a calorie deficieny your body will hold onto everything it has because it's afriad you'll starve it! Eat abunadantly and after an adjustment period (a few weeks, months, years, depending on how your diet was before) your body will trust that you arent going to starve it and can let go of the excess fat. Then you'll be able to eat without calorie restriction forever and keep the pounds off :) (granted you're eating a plant based HCLF vegan diet of coure).

Calorie restriction = short lived results, unsustainable, metalbloic damage

Abundance of whole foods HCLF = long term weight loss results, metabolic healing

ClaireTmandyl4463
  • streem26streem26 Raw Jr. Leader

You're doing right !

Everyone who has ever experienced a caloric deficit has done so through burning more calories than they eat . 1200-1600 cal a day..It's enough ? you have plenty intensive activity.. 

ClaireT