Converting juicing recipes for blending

GnarlyGnarly Raw Newbie

Greetings from a new member:

I've been juicing for a while, but recently bought a Bullet-type blender (Nutri Ninja). I find virtually all of the recipes made for these blenders are excessively complex, involving too many oddball vegetables and fruits and spices. I prefer to keep my recipes simple, and not to have to stock the fridge with too many different things. I live alone, and if I do that, half of them go off before I use them. I have many juice recipes that do this for me, basic simple recipes that are tasty, that's all I want, I don't need the choices you'd get at a juice bar.

Is there any easy way to convert juicing recipes for blending? I plan to experiment with this, and I'm sure eventually I can find a way that works, but I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks and regards,

Paul H

ClaireT

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Hi Paul. Welcome to the community!

Maybe you can start with a single-fruit juice and then add the other ingredients to be blended? It is best to have some sort of liquid in there to start if you don't want to burn out the blender motor (something I might be an expert at by now wink). 

• GnarlyGnarly Raw Newbie

Hi Claire:

Thanks for your note, and that is good advice. I plan mainly to juice veggies, with a few fruits. Adding extra water is a great idea, and I think if I err on the side of too much water to start, that will be OK, and I'll then learn to cut back the amount if necessary.

Regards,

Paul

ClaireT