Is garlic toxic?

concettapconcettap Raw Newbie

Hi,

My son is 5 years old now. He's crazy of garlic. He started loving garlic when he was 1 year old. Daily he used to eat 2 cloves of garlic i the morning. I've heard that garlic is good for health, so I let him eat. Two weeks ago, I bought pure garlic extract from http://www.hortonspicemills.com. It tasted just like real garlic. My son had an eye on it, and when I was out to water my garden he finished almost half. I warned him not to do it again. Yesterday while he was playing, he fell down and his knee got injured. There was constant bleeding and lost a lot of blood. This is very unusual. Normally he'll bleed for 2 minutes and he'll be okay. Yesterday I was really scared. Is this type of constant bleeding a result of consuming raw garlic?? How can I stop him from eating raw garlic?? He's really crazy of garlicembarassed

Best Answer

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    Answer ✓

That must have been scary! Garlic can act as a blood thinner, so I'd definitely keep the concentrate out of his reach. I hope he is feeling better. 

Answers

• concettapconcettap Raw Newbie

He's now feeling better Claire.. I explained him for a long time and he said he'll reduce the consumption of raw garlic..

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

It's good to know he has recovered. smile Has he found a new food obsession?

laura