Yang and Yin foods.

jessehjesseh Raw Newbie

I have lower back pain and went to an acupuncturist and was told I am Yin deficient.  He recommended I avoid fried foods and hot foods.

I am trying to find out which foods are Yin and which ones are Yang but the information is confusing. Googling Yang and Yin foods I saw all these charts but the problem is a lot of them are contradictory. In one chart they had eggplant under both Extreme Yang and Extreme Yin. There were many other foods that were listed under Yang in one place and Yin in another place.

Where can I find reliable information about this?

Could it be that a food can be Yang for some people and Yin for others ?

ClaireT

Answers

• PaulinePauline Raw Newbie

While in massage school we learned a little about Yin and Yang foods etc. From what I remember high watery content foods are considered "cool' Yin foods. Such as fruits, melons, eggplant, watery vegetables like cucumber. An accupuncturist or holistic doctor that specializes in Eastern medicine could help you.

• RyanBreyRyanBrey Raw Jr. Leader

Thanks for the tip! :)

• marieshymarieshy Raw Newbie

As far as I know, there are several Yin food recommendations to fght this kind of deficiency.

Beverages that you drink should have a vivid aroma, be cool and tonic. Sugar should be totally avoided, you can eat fruit instead. Fruit of choice are to be big, growing on trees, preferably in the warm climate. Choose nuts most rich on oils. Green leaf vegetables and big beans. Big-sized fish, sea food and poultry. Big-sized eggs. All food products mentioned above should be eaten either raw or stewed, but not too long cooked. Less salt, more oil. You can use herbs and spices.